Day four . . .

Options
I have seen the heart of darkness - it looks like homemade brownies at my mother's house and cake at a baby shower - but I did not go over the edge. The horror! The horror!

Replies

• GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    hang in there!!!
  • sd_dilligaf
    sd_dilligaf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    11/26 was my day one. I did not go through the day clean, but I did reduce my typical consumption by 75%

Today is day 2, and I am sweets free so far (12:30 PM). Reading your posts helps me stay focused on the goal.

No office candy for me!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    Oh, I blew it!

I thought this would be easy for me, because honestly, I'm not a big sweet-eater. But I'm making Mom's recipe for Waldorf salad and she adds mini-marshmallows. Didn't think they'd be very good, so popped a couple in my mouth to prove to myself that I didn't want them. (Yeah, right...)

Had forgotten about this challenge till I logged in. Oh, oops!!

BTW that test provided insufficient evidence and I had six more this morning. So now my justifier is saying, "You already blew it, so you can have all you want today. Just start fresh tomorrow." I recognize that argument, and it is a big fat lie... Need to stop now or it's a slippery slope to a warm place.

AArghhh!

Well this topic has made me analyze what I'm doing, and will probably prevent me from going down that slope. Thanks AJ!
  • leslieleet
    leslieleet Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Oh heck, I blew it to!
    I honestly forgot all about this challenge.... Funny how my brain forgets things when there's a holiday Created exclusively for binge eating. Which I haven't eaten a lot today… But I did run walk a 5K this morning, and I had a cookie as soon as I got to the finish line because they were handing them out.. And I wasn't thinking about this challenge at all.. I will begin again tomorrow
  • sd_dilligaf
    sd_dilligaf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    It 's a goal, not an absolute. My goal was to stop eating the office candy and reduce the sweets. On day one I failed but I reduced from before. On day two I did not eat office candy (those bowls of M&Ms, you know the ones) and now today is day three of forty for me and I had two ginger snaps with a splat of whipped cream. No pie. No candy. This challenge is working for me. I am making progress, and I bet you are too! Mindless eating is the enemy. Thoughtful planning is our ally.

And a big Thanksgiving howdy and hug to my MFP family!
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    11/26 was my day one. I did not go through the day clean, but I did reduce my typical consumption by 75%

Today is day 2, and I am sweets free so far (12:30 PM). Reading your posts helps me stay focused on the goal.

No office candy for me!

A 75% reduction is fantastic!
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    Oh, I blew it!

I thought this would be easy for me, because honestly, I'm not a big sweet-eater. But I'm making Mom's recipe for Waldorf salad and she adds mini-marshmallows. Didn't think they'd be very good, so popped a couple in my mouth to prove to myself that I didn't want them. (Yeah, right...)

Had forgotten about this challenge till I logged in. Oh, oops!!

BTW that test provided insufficient evidence and I had six more this morning. So now my justifier is saying, "You already blew it, so you can have all you want today. Just start fresh tomorrow." I recognize that argument, and it is a big fat lie... Need to stop now or it's a slippery slope to a warm place.

AArghhh!

Well this topic has made me analyze what I'm doing, and will probably prevent me from going down that slope. Thanks AJ!

Sometimes you win. Sometimes you learn. :)
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    Oh heck, I blew it to!
    I honestly forgot all about this challenge.... Funny how my brain forgets things when there's a holiday Created exclusively for binge eating. Which I haven't eaten a lot today… But I did run walk a 5K this morning, and I had a cookie as soon as I got to the finish line because they were handing them out.. And I wasn't thinking about this challenge at all.. I will begin again tomorrow

It happens.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    I learned. I poured all the marshmallows in the salad and didn't bring any leftovers home with me. The threat is gone. Thank heavens my DH eats so healthfully. I'm so lucky not to deal with junk food in the house.
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    Oh heck, I blew it to!

It happens.

I did the same, almost. I did not even forget! I will do better this upcoming week. :) Glad so many of you are still doing good.

Shelley