Welcome and please introduce yourself.

Options
Hello. I am a 46 year old mother of 3. Before having children I was a very stylish size 2/4 up into my 30's. However, each of my pregnancies were challenging and bedrest became my friend early. So, I blossomed and as my children grew older I continued to bloom. :laugh:

For several years I have made list that consisted of; " by this date ___ I will be this weight :heart: " LOL Here I am 14 years later and it is still the same. However, this year I decided it was time. My son will be graduating soon and I want to look nice in the pictures. The goal is 84 by 9/1/14.

I want the old me back and this time, I'm going to find her!!

Replies

• clbooker76
    clbooker76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am a 37 year old mother of 2. Before kids... I WAS HOT!! :smile: and I knew it!! I want my confidence back.

I gained 60 pounds with my daughter and was able to lose it all just by breast feeding her. Then, I gain 60 pounds with my son. He was born with a myriad of health issues and couldn't latch on. A year later, he passed away and I quit eating. I lost all the extra weight plus some. Then, I began to eat and was okay for a while. However, I am now an emotional eater. I hate it, but I am.

So, I've decided that this is my time. My daughter will graduate in a year and a half, then we will have an empty nest. I am too young to just sit around pouting all the time about all the things I can't do or the stores I can't shop in. I want to feel good about myself again.

And... here I am.
  • Hi there , I am a 27 year old mother of two little ones. I have never been happy with my weight but In my late teens early twenties I was what most people would consider average. I wasn't overweight but was definitely not where I wanted to be. When I got married about 4.5 years ago, I started gaining weight right away. I gained about 25 lbs and held steady there until I got pregnant with my first. I was able to lose almost all of my pregnancy weight and then got pregnant with my second. I have lost about 17 lbs so far but still have a long way to go. I desire to go shopping and have fun while doing so. I don't want to just lose weight, I want to get fit and have definition. My goal is to someday run a marathon. I struggle so much with what goes in my mouth. I'm pretty sure I am addicted to sweets and sometimes it gets the best of me. I am however presently surprised this time because I have stuck with it longer than any other time in my life. I have messed up a few times but instead of completely throwing in the towel I get right back on it. My plan is to allow myself to have some of those things that I crave now and then so that I don't get discouraged and I have something to look forward to. So far it seems to work for me. I'm so looking forward to being a part of this group and the support that we can offer each other.
  • clbooker76
    Options
    Hello. I am a 46 year old mother of 3. Before having children I was a very stylish size 2/4 up into my 30's. However, each of my pregnancies were challenging and bedrest became my friend early. So, I blossomed and as my children grew older I continued to bloom. :laugh:

For several years I have made list that consisted of; " by this date ___ I will be this weight :heart: " LOL Here I am 14 years later and it is still the same. However, this year I decided it was time. My son will be graduating soon and I want to look nice in the pictures. The goal is 84 by 9/1/14.

I want the old me back and this time, I'm going to find her!!

Thank you for starting this group! I'm excited to share in the journey!
  • clbooker76
    Options
    Hi there , I am a 27 year old mother of two little ones. I have never been happy with my weight but In my late teens early twenties I was what most people would consider average. I wasn't overweight but was definitely not where I wanted to be. When I got married about 4.5 years ago, I started gaining weight right away. I gained about 25 lbs and held steady there until I got pregnant with my first. I was able to lose almost all of my pregnancy weight and then got pregnant with my second. I have lost about 17 lbs so far but still have a long way to go. I desire to go shopping and have fun while doing so. I don't want to just lose weight, I want to get fit and have definition. My goal is to someday run a marathon. I struggle so much with what goes in my mouth. I'm pretty sure I am addicted to sweets and sometimes it gets the best of me. I am however presently surprised this time because I have stuck with it longer than any other time in my life. I have messed up a few times but instead of completely throwing in the towel I get right back on it. My plan is to allow myself to have some of those things that I crave now and then so that I don't get discouraged and I have something to look forward to. So far it seems to work for me. I'm so looking forward to being a part of this group and the support that we can offer each other.

I'm glad your joined!! We can do this together!
  • smithsonians4
    smithsonians4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a stay at home mom to four great boys! I am interested in loosing weight, eating whole healthy foods and getting back into an exercise routine. I just recently found myfitnesspal and really like the food tracker, but need a few friends to help motivate me!
  • bykryd62
    bykryd62 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I joined about 2 days ago and just learned there where groups! Ok so maybe I was a little slow on the uptake. Anyway like most I had a. Weight problem up to the 10th grade and never again until I hit 43. I am 51 and weigh 168-170 now. And so the last 7 years I have gone Up and down. I was on the 17 day diet almost about a year ago and it all came back. Anyway I really just want to feel good about myself again I want to get to 145-150. I will stop losing weight when I feel good in my skin. So even 160 might be good again. I always start out great then gradually go back to my ways. Lol anyway I look forward to learning all of you and keep the momentum going!!
  • ShellyLynnConley
    Options
    Hi everyone, what a great opportunity to encourage one another through our journey of becoming more health conscious. I am a 53 year old mother of four and grandmother of six, single, solo, and experiencing the empty nest syndrome for over five years. I have been in recovery and back to school to get my Bachelor's in Sociology, (I figure better late than never)...I have over 60 lbs. to lose, with a goal of becoming healthier at 53 than I have been in my life. I think when we become health conscious and begin eating right, consuming plenty of water, and exercising that we naturally begin feeling better and become healthier, and this is the first time that I am making a promise to myself to take this journey seriously so that I can look forward to new beginnings and good health.

I look forward to seeing each one of us reach our goals and be an inspiration to one another. Remember to count our blessings, find something to smile about, and make each day count!
  • loslunascatherine
    loslunascatherine Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I have been on this site posting daily for 3 weeks, saw this post and decided its time to jump in. I changed my profile title to "Wow, who's that lady" , my new adopted goal. " Thank you for this opportunity to take a step forward. Please review my profile and add me as friend. I am in need of encouragement, support, motivation, and guidance.
  • Sheila_KI
    Sheila_KI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hello. I turn 55 next month. Promised myself by the 50th I would lose the weight...didn't happen. I am on a roller coaster. Lose first part of the year....go stagnant during summer and come fall gain it back. This year I am not gaining it back. I am not at my lowest for the year, but I am lower than I was January 1, 2013. Working with a trainer at the gym to get me through the holiday season. If I stay the same through the holidays it will be a victory. I am not good at logging food. I am working on emotional eating at the moment and recognizing what causes me to binge. If you want support, I am here. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • gfbike
    gfbike Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What a great topic--I think we all want to hear "Wow, Who's That Lady?"
    I joined for help and inspiration on the journey--to give and receive it.
    I like to bike, hike and swim. I also am vigilant about eating wholesome food, reading a lot about nutrition and learning to relax. I just eat too much and am hoping MFP helps me reset my volume meter.
  • Romey5
    Romey5 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 41 and mom to a sweet little 4 year old boy. I have gotten down into my maintenance zone with weight loss... and have maintained for about 6 months! I don't seem to have trouble with keeping calories in check, but I am a terrible when it comes to exercise. I used to be a Wow lady, but lately have been feeling unfit and... oh no... frumpy! I recently became a teleworker so my curling iron and make-up are stashed in the bottom of some drawer somewhere... and I now exist most of the time in a sports bra and tee-shirt. I've lost my wow factor big time... so it is time to find it again! I log into MFP every few days and look forward to checking in with this group!
  • Journeywithyou
    Journeywithyou Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My name is Angie I am 41 and a stay at home mom. I have not always been used to have a desk job career but followed my husband and his job and when I did left the desk. I am a mother or 3 children ages 20 (daughter), 12 (Daughter), 6 almost 7 (Son). In April I will be able to add grandmother to my title as well. I joined MFP after the first of the year. The nutritionist at my physicians office said this is one of the best tracking tools available when I shared how I was tracking my food. At the beginning of this year I was on medication that I have now been 'freed' from. I say freed because it felt like such an accomplishment when I was able to stop taking my medication. As of late I have somewhat stalled and gotten away of taking care of myself with what I eat and do. As of this week I am back on track in the right direction.
  • glitterstarfish
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kate, a single stay at home mum to 2 boys aged 9 and 10.
    In a nutshell, my weight crept on after having the kids, I hit 16 stone about 3 years ago, but when my (now ex) husband left us, I dropped 4 stone in as many months and felt fantastic! I discovered a new me, heaps of new friends and a renewed love of clothes and slinking about!!! Anyways, what with one thing and another, 3 stone has crept back on and I feel dreadful :sad:
    I know its my own fault, and I am guilty of comfort eating.
    I just fell upon this site and have been really encouraged reading all the supportive posts. I think being able to track everything is brilliant and look forward to (hopefully) seeing the scale slide along towards my target.
    Lord knows I could do with some support and encouragement along the way from some likeminded ladies going through the same thing, and offer my support and encouragement too.
    Thanks guys, and heres to us!! :flowerforyou:
  • miindyxo
    miindyxo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Mindy. I'm 22, and am feeling the zest to lose some weight and feel sexy in my body, i have never felt this way and am determined to shape myself up! I seem to eat healthy for two weeks and then bad for a week and feel no better… my goal is to lose 20lbs and tone up.

Anyone can add me as a friend so we can motivate each other and share our journey, because all of us deserve to feel great about ourselves!

Have a good day :)
  • clairdstrutt
    Options
    Hello all.
    I'm Clair and I'm on a roll to lose some weight before the holidays. I cannot say that I am necessarily overweight but I have those few pounds tha has crept up and made my clothes feel snug. -a feeling I do not like lol
    I used to run 2miles a day and ride my bike but I started my own business and the hours have been long so I am trying to get myself back on track in spite of the added pressures of owning my own business. I am a healthy eater but sadly, I like to have more wine than eat at night and I KNOW that is not good for me.

My goal is to lose 10lbs.
    Its great to read your stories. Nice to meet you all!!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,421 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 48, married, working full time and kids are all in college now! I'm about 10 lbs or so from my goal weight...the weight I feel I will be happy with and can maintain! I'm currently following weight watchers as it worked wonders in the past, so not tracking food here. Once I get down I'll switch back as weight watchers is just too expensive :smile:

Feel free to also add me as a friend!
  • jazzyenjoyslife
    jazzyenjoyslife Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi ALL!! my name is Jazmin and I'm here for motivation and to motivate others as well..I'm going to get fit, stay fit and be more confident in myself! HAPPY SHEDDING ALL :smile:
  • TriciannT
    TriciannT Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Awesome, we are the same age and it is never to late to do anything. I started gaining weight when I started dropping all bad habits and trying to go vegan. At first I thought my year was going to be my 50th but that didn't happen. I look forward to you friendship.

~Tricia
  • TriciannT
    TriciannT Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Tricia and I just turned 53 on the 19th. I am a bit late joining but not far enough to where I can't catch up.

I am married with two teenage boys. My oldest just tuned 17 and my youngest will be 16 in June. I also have a step-daughter age 28 and married. After I had my boys the weight started falling off but as soon as I gave up bad habits such as smoking, caffeine, etc. the weight gain was so fast I was scared. In two years I gained 70 pounds. The Dr. said I am normal but told me to watch my cholesterol and what I ate. But I would like some "real" friends. Where I live in Florida friendship doesn't exist. (What a shame.) I am originally from Pennsylvania and moved to Florida in 1995. I will stop before I run on. I am bad at intros but as time goes on I am a lot of fun.

I think you are an amazing bunch of ladies and I feel like I have something in common with all of you and look forward to our journey.