It's Monday! How did you work out today?

Options
Happy Monday! How did you get your Monday work out on today?

I'm about to get on the treadmill for my 30 minute fat walk/jog program!

Replies

• g82green
    Options
    I did cycling and the elliptical at the gym for 45 mins.
  • sanfly
    sanfly Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    It's Tuesday here, but yesterday I was silly enough to go to a class at the gym before netball... hell of a workout all together though!
  • stephygetsfitt
    Options
    Nice job ladies!!!!
  • stephygetsfitt
    Options
    Netball sounds fun! Is it like Basketball? I know that alone is a huge workout! :D
  • sundog10
    sundog10 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    i just joined; i would love to do 30 for 30 days; a nice start today with a 35 hour run. (5 am; i have these weird hours but it works for me) I have been wanting to start the Jm 30 day shed; hopefully this will give me even more incentive to start. thanx for starting the group
  • fitspo145
    Options
    I love the idea of this group, especially since the month pre-Christmas is a period of sheer anxiety for many. :smile:

It's Tuesday here but I managed to squeeze in an Insanity workout in the morning. Yay!
  • sanfly
    Options
    Netball sounds fun! Is it like Basketball? I know that alone is a huge workout! :D

Kinda similar, but you can't move once you have the ball. Unlike regular netball or basketball the court is surrounded by a giant net, makes the game a lot more dynamic as you can bounce it off the sides. I usually end up playing centre for most of the game, which means I'm constantly running from one end of the court to the other! Good workout!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Monday was a 30 minute swim (thanks to Lewis Pugh and his comments on Facebook) and an hour gym class.

Today I continued with a plank challenge and got to 30 seconds. The idea is to get to 5 minutes in 30 days... But I need it for our fencing fitness tests.
  • I had fun with my first work out and me and my boyfriend went ice skating outside!! Today I am going to do 30 minutes on the elliptical and a 20 minute barre workout
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Monday -I walked for a total of 35 minutes, ran 15 minutes of sprints and completed 220 squats
  • kimjutjor
    kimjutjor Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    For the next 2 weeks starting yesterday (Monday), I am doing the Miss Fitness Life 14 day Challenge. Each day but Sunday has a workout routine that takes me longer than 30 minutes to complete. On Sundays, I will work on my Conservative Couch to 5K program that I have fit in here and there to improve my abilities at running a 5K. Monday exercise was 40 minutes and Tuesday exercise was 36 minutes.
    I want to continue to have a weight loss every week despite the fact it is the holidays! So count me in for at least 30 minutes every day.
  • drift
    drift Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Tuesday here too. Monday was Pilates and I'm just getting changed now for a bike warm up then squats and abs workout for my 30 mins. I'm getting fir for skiing in Feb 2014. - any recomendations for exercises welcome...
  • sanfly
    Options
    Tuesday here too. Monday was Pilates and I'm just getting changed now for a bike warm up then squats and abs workout for my 30 mins. I'm getting fir for skiing in Feb 2014. - any recomendations for exercises welcome...

Me too, headed to Canada in Feb, cant wait for some real pow! We don't really get that much here in NZ

Squats, lunges, cardio for general fitness, also work on your core for all that twisting
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Tuesday was lunchtime walk plus fencing club session. Total 90 minutes.
    Wednesday was same as Monday, swim and gym class. Total 90 minutes.

Weather here is miserable so I will be having a couch day with some books and TV time before heading out this evening.

Thursday will hopefully be that cycle I aborted on Tuesday and then a fencing competition.
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Tuesday was a repeat of Monday but completed 225 squats
  • YollaDCgirl
    YollaDCgirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    So proud of myself today... pushed myself to do my challenge exercises as well as the 30 day shred from Jillian, even though I had a bad stomach. Felt good! Oh if you girls want to read and follow my blog, everyone is welcome:http://try2bfit87.blogspot.com/
  • well today i am doing 30 minutes of walking and stair exercises. i am a nurse and work night shift..i didn't sleep well on my off night last night which meant i slept til about 4pm today...now i am at work and have 2 hours to fit in my 30 mins of exercise lol so i am taking two 15 minutes breaks to go walking and stairs. do what ya gotta do! :)
  • sundog10
    sundog10 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I've done the Jillian M. 30 day shed, Tuesday and Wednesday and tomorrow I want to get
    a long run in . i live in Seattle where we are lucky enough to have great weather this week; no rain or snow.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving for those in the US
  • YollaDCgirl
    YollaDCgirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I had a great workout today, even though I did not feel like it at all. I went for a long brisk walk and did about 40 minutes of yoga and 30 minutes of calisthenics. Now to just keep this up.
  • sanfly
    Options
    Tuesday was lunchtime walk plus fencing club session. Total 90 minutes.
    Wednesday was same as Monday, swim and gym class. Total 90 minutes.

Weather here is miserable so I will be having a couch day with some books and TV time before heading out this evening.

Thursday will hopefully be that cycle I aborted on Tuesday and then a fencing competition.

When I was quite young a friend of mine from school told me that several years previously her mum had been in the Commonwealth Games for Fencing. I could't understand why building fences was a sport in the Commonwealth Games :blushing:

Today was a hard exercise day for me, Fridays always are. No classes at the gym today, and going out for dinner so cant go to the gym in the evening... had to get up early and go. 3km run + squats, burpees, pushups, skipping etc for 45min