Weights

Options
What weights are you using?
I've got 2 kg ones, but have to switch to 1 kg for the side lunges with anterior shoulder raises in level 1, there's no way I can hold out for 1 minute with 2 kg.

Replies

• laurzishot
    Options
    What weights are you using?
    I've got 2 kg ones, but have to switch to 1 kg for the side lunges with anterior shoulder raises in level 1, there's no way I can hold out for 1 minute with 2 kg.

For me I'm doing basically similar to you. I find some of the weight exercises easier than other and do switch up the weights. I think it's important to push yourself but not over do it. You don't wanna push too hard and then not be able to exercise for a week. So keep with what you're doing and when you feel like it's getting easier then try upping the weights:)
  • melissarina
    melissarina Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I use 1.5 kg for everything except the one where you're lying down and holding the weights above your chest (geez, I really should know what that's called by now) which I use 2.5 kgs for, and they're still quite light. Chest flys, that's the one!!
    The side lunge with anterior raise is hard for me too!
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I'm using 3 pound weights. The anterior raises get me every time too!
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I was going to use 5 lbs, but I think I'll try 3 and see where I am from there. I love lifting heavy, but I haven't been to the gym in a long time. :-(
  • Lola824
    Lola824 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I use 3lb wts....I am 40 and WAY weak at this point!