Need some prayers for strength!

Options
Haley_Diane
Haley_Diane Posts: 42 Member
I'm restarting the 30 Day Shred. I've done level 1 a few times now, and always, always struggle with level 2. I literally have to work hard to not throw up because it's so hard for me. I'm fairly active with three kids, but I'm pretty afraid of level 2.

I'm also on day 3 of level one and my body is so sore that I'm struggling to walk correctly. My calves and thighs are so sore. I'll take some ibuprofen with my post-workout glass of water and see if I can relieve some of the pain. I'll also keep moving today. The weather is nice today so the kiddos and I are planning to spend a lot of time out in the backyard.

I'm just struggling with my day 3 grumpiness. I am tired of hurting, tired of counting out calories and denying myself the baked goods I LOVE to bake for my family. Tonight is date night and I'm going to allow myself to enjoy my box of hot tamales and my Dr. Pepper, so I need to work to make up for those calories today.

Could you please encourage me? Pray that I can push through this and stay on the bandwagon? I remember how great it felt when I actually got down into the low 160s and exercise and calorie tracking were just my normal. I want to go back to that.

Replies

• grace4u2receive
    grace4u2receive Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I will keep you in prayer! It is important to take care of our bodies. It sounds like your working to hard, if your in a whole lot of pain and feel like throwing up. It will be painful and it is not the most enjoyable, but it shouldn't cause excessive pain or discomfort because that will only discourage you. Remember not to over do it because you don't want to burn yourself out and stop exercising.

I started this year after not exercising for 2 1/2 years. I don't like exercising, but realize that it is so important to lose weight. I also realize that I haven't been taking care of the body that He gave me. So I eased into it by working out at home to workout videos, which I still do because we don't have the money to make it to a gym. God has made me faithful to exercising because I now have a strong desire to lose weight and get in shape. I was also able to change to healthier eating after my husband went through cancer treatment last year. We are now over that trial, but now truly realize the importance of a healthy body.

I'll pray that God guides you to know how to safely lose weight and avoid the food temptations, while staying encouraged by how you feel by getting in shape. That has been so encouraging to me, to feel great, alive and no longer tired or feeling like I was drugged. The amount of energy I now have is great, even though I'm almost to my halfway goal of losing weight!

35813963.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Praying for you!
  • ddtph_hayes
    ddtph_hayes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I will definitely keep you in my prayers. Im in the same boat. I get a great start with counting my carbs and then my family discourages me in some way and I quit. At my age it is difficult to lose weight anyway. When I do lose weight it is usually a small amount. Most of my eating is emotional. I need to learn to let the Lord take care of all my anxieties. Use food to nourish my body not my emotions.
  • staciebenware
    staciebenware Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    God's word reminds us, though exercise profits us a little, growing spiritually is more important. Our main focus must be to take care of God's temple as a means to do His work, to love, to live the purpose He set before us.

In my case, I care for my family of six, 4 children, my husband and I. I just had a baby, and while I look at myself, this is only a shell. I want my inner self to grow and be reflected in my outer self's transformation.

Patience and discipline are necessary, as I lack them. May we all take it one day at a time, and be available to do what God calls us to. Wreaking ourselves so we are unavailable to those around us only keeps us from His work, an easy trap of the enemy!