The Dumpster!

Options

Replies

• NovaStar82
    Options
    Absolutely seconded on the Highlights and Options!

Considering I'm usually a compulsive label checker, I only realised yesterday that the Highlights hot chocs have aspartame in them - and I'd been avoiding it for years. :(
    Need to find a lower-cal hot chocolate without the crap in it!

I usually avoid diet products because they're bulked with too much artificial stuff but for some reason asked a co-worker for a hot chocolate yesterday.

So for me, it would be most processed diet foods. Far better to eat LESS of the full (homemade) fat/cal/sugar version!
  • friggie
    friggie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    This going to sound silly but I don't really have anything specific to throw in the dumpster lol!
    I don't eat fast food, don't really eat chocolate, don't have chips in the house!
    I am not tossing my wine out, that is a good stress reliever some friday evenings lol!
    Ok maybe if there was one thing it would be my Hubby's candy drawer cause its a temptation just sitting there for me to raid!
  • looopylooo
    Options

So for me, it would be most processed diet foods. Far better to eat LESS of the full (homemade) fat/cal/sugar version!
    Totally agree! I find the Highlights & Options ridiculously addictive - Natural foods just don't have that effect.
  • Kelly_Girl
    Kelly_Girl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Seeing everyone's will power is so great!

I have a number of food intolerances so I have to go lightly with so many items (dairy, eggs, soy, gluten). I pretty much don't eat any gluten at home and only a little when I am out like soy sauce. It is just impossible to eat Asian with out soy sauce not to mention it isn't very tasty either. But... never fear....It is amazing how we find ways to eat around our challenges. Just ask "CARB WOMAN." This last summer I did not demonstrate much control. Gluten free snacks up the ying-yang. Loaves of bread, handful of walnuts here and there, some ice cream even when it was bugging me. Ack!

Since logging I have dropped my Carb Woman secret decoder ring in the bin. Cutting back massively. I was getting headaches and really wasn't functioning well mentally with that huge flood of sugars.

I'm counting pretzels and crackers, measuring mashed potatoes and working to keep the slices of bread at about 1 per day. With that and exercise I feel so much better.

Ok, what's in the dumpster then? Well, I cannot have peanut butter in the house. None, zip, nada, nunca, nothing, never. I have no control over peanut butter and will eat the jar until it is empty. I also need to keep the cookies to a very low roar. Just one at a time and never, never in the morning.

Ice cream has been allotted to the guy and I haven't had any in over a month. I know having a gluten allergy sounds like a drag but it really helps with the implusivity and the advertising out there. When I see a pizza ad I always say to myself "they aren't marketing to me, I can't have that." It really helps.

Good job everyone. So much strength!
  • Kelly_Girl
    Options
    Some time ago I saw an interview with Madonna when she was on a very intense tour and fit as heck! The interviewer asked her what was the hardest food to give up and with absolute longing in her voice she said "butter" and made dreamy eyes and it seemed like she hadn't had it in months.

I always thought that was the sign of fantastic willpower and a dedicated professional. Even with all that intense exercise she still had to give up her butter. Go Madge!
  • yornma
    yornma Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Oh let me put zingers, little debbie cupcakes in there.. I'm holding onto the wawa cookies because I can't leave them.. I know they are evil.. but they are sooooooo gooood.. and I can have those in moderation.

Chips of all kinds are going in.. pretezels are staying...

Can I throw something in that I wouldn't eat anyways? I want to throw celery in because it tastes like crunchy water and I want to throw grapefruits in there too

*looks in the dumpster*

Well I think that's about it..
  • looopylooo
    Options

*looks in the dumpster*

I am looking a bit longingly in there too Yorna...let me go eat some veggies to get rid or the cravings.
    Madonna can keep her butter (yeuk!) However, sympathise...I had eggs in there for years, but retrived them recently (apologises to hens everywhere).
  • katiefbe
    katiefbe Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I want to throw celery in because it tastes like crunchy water and I want to throw grapefruits in there too

*looks in the dumpster*

I kept trying celery because I kept being told how good it is for you blah blah blah. To me it tastes like dirt smells. It makes me gag. Coriander/cilantro has the same effect, tastes like compost. I hate eating out at indian restaurants because its in everything.

Celery tends to be put in the stews etc which is a real shame because its the kind of food I don't tend to cook much at home but even if I pick it out its flavoured the whole meal, bleurgh.

I think both need to be buried at the bottom of the dumpster
  • yornma
    Options
    hehe.. I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like celery. Cilantro tastes like soap to me.. and yes, we can throw it into the dumpster and bury it on the bottom.

Just don't throw out ginger.. I will need it for my sushi and don't touch the soy sauce.. I don't eat it often, but I like to mix the wasabi and soy together and put ginger slices in it for sushi.

Mmm... sushi.

Can I throw diet drinks in the dumpster too? The artificial sweetner gives me bad headaches.. and I'm throwing lunch meat in there too.. it's way too salty and I don't want to sweel up like a balloon at the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade.
  • looopylooo
    Options
    hehe.. I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like celery. Cilantro tastes like soap to me.. and yes, we can throw it into the dumpster and bury it on the bottom.

Just don't throw out ginger.. I will need it for my sushi and don't touch the soy sauce.. I don't eat it often, but I like to mix the wasabi and soy together and put ginger slices in it for sushi.

Mmm... sushi.

Can I throw diet drinks in the dumpster too? The artificial sweetner gives me bad headaches.. and I'm throwing lunch meat in there too.. it's way too salty and I don't want to sweel up like a balloon at the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade.

Artificial sweetener definitely in!! It's the devil's work. Ladies would you mind sending the celery & coriander (cilantro) my way please...LOVE both of them. And I'd quite like some veggie sushi too please (with the wasabi/ginger/soy as well!)
  • yornma
    Options
    okay i will send the celery, cilantro and colander your way.. and some ginger/soy/wasabi mix for your veggie sushi..

can we keep cream cheese? I know it's not the greatest but it is absolutely delish in veggie sushi.. nom nom.

oh great now I want some sushi.. thanks.

I would really really really like some eggnog and rum.. but.. since I can't have eggnog anymore.. I'll just take the rum. :drinker:
  • Kelly_Girl
    Options
    @Kayla: I wouldn't mind it on my chest as long as it stayed off my hips...
    He he, I think they have procedures for that...involves huge long needles and a lot of scary messing with the body;)
    [/quote]

Ewwwwwwww. Blech.
  • Kelly_Girl
    Options
    okay i will send the celery, cilantro and colander your way.. and some ginger/soy/wasabi mix for your veggie sushi..

can we keep cream cheese? I know it's not the greatest but it is absolutely delish in veggie sushi.. nom nom.

oh great now I want some sushi.. thanks.

I would really really really like some eggnog and rum.. but.. since I can't have eggnog anymore.. I'll just take the rum. :drinker:

I think cream cheese is ok. Carefully eaten of course. Eggnog is in the dumpster for me too. I never want a small cup and it is like eating a big pile of fat. Ug. Hopefully I won't even have to smell it this holiday season.
  • freyjac
    freyjac Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am throwing chips in the dumpster of all kinds. I love them but when I eat even a small bag like which goes in my kids lunches it just makes me wish I had more.
    I think the hardest one to dump will be Cheddar cheese Pringles. THose are my weakness and as the jingle goes once you pop you can't stop. So true for me. So I am going to stop popping.
  • looopylooo
    Options
    oh yes, in go the chips (of all description & flavours!) So tiny...so light...SO more-ish, greasy & full of acrylamides! In they go, jumping on them and crushing them all into the egg nog and turkey legs - so they are now inedible;)
    1 bag is never enough!
  • Kelly_Girl
    Options
    Also in the dumpster. Egg rolls! The are just fat bombs. Taste wonderful but you eat one and it is worth the whole meal of calories and then you eat your meal. Bad plan.
  • kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    This week I will try to throw cigarettes in the dumpster. Not food, but bad for me anyway.
  • looopylooo
    Options
    This week I will try to throw cigarettes in the dumpster. Not food, but bad for me anyway.

Yep they are in Kayla - well done!!!
    I am afraid they are now so mashed up with all the rotting food in there that ya really wouldn't want to retrieve them...not ever :happy:
  • katiefbe
    katiefbe Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    ok, sensations crisps officially need to be buried at the bottom of the dumpster. I have no self control and will (and have) eat the entirety of a family 'share' bag. Until I can actually open the bag without feeling the urge to eat the entire thing I just can't have them in the house.

Mmmmmm, thai chilli flavour, *droool*
  • looopylooo
    Options
    ok, sensations crisps officially need to be buried at the bottom of the dumpster. I have no self control and will (and have) eat the entirety of a family 'share' bag. Until I can actually open the bag without feeling the urge to eat the entire thing I just can't have them in the house.

Mmmmmm, thai chilli flavour, *droool*

Yes, they are in!!! They are all soggy now, covered in Kayla's *kitten* butts (cigarette ends in America!) and all sorts of other rotting fatbombs/eggrolls & foods dumped already. Totally irretrievable and smothered in all the cream and excess dairy I have chucked in after the 'get fat & :sad: sick quick!' diet I was trying out :drinker: