3 months post op

Options
Hi, Anyone out there at 3 months post op? What are you eating?

Replies

• cspinelli712
    cspinelli712 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am six months post op but at 3 months post op you should be drinking your protein shakes, clear chicken broth or beef broth, low fat yogurt, low fat cheese, sugar free jello and low fat cottage cheese. Also, you should be getting close to be allowed cooked green veggies like green beans, broccolli and squash. All veggies need to be cooked NO raw veggies at this time.
  • sheripamela
    sheripamela Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Surgery in May. You could add me and look at my food diary.
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am six months post op but at 3 months post op you should be drinking your protein shakes, clear chicken broth or beef broth, low fat yogurt, low fat cheese, sugar free jello and low fat cottage cheese. Also, you should be getting close to be allowed cooked green veggies like green beans, broccolli and squash. All veggies need to be cooked NO raw veggies at this time.

At 3 months out I was eating a regular low calorie low fat diet. Lean meats, vegetables, fruits, keeping it clean and real. Every doctor is different. I was on weekly intervals and progressed well. After 4 weeks of clear, then full liquids, then pureed, then soft, I went to real foods. Your pouch is healed by this time and you need to eat real food. Chew well, measure, and log everything.
  • bagonian74
    Options
    hi i am 3 weeks post op and i lost 36 pounds in all after surgery 24 pounds usually walk every morning but did not walk for 3 days now and i am stuck on 264 a week now its driving me crazy any suggestions. i ate rice today for the first and i throw it up. help people
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Maybe is too soon for rice. I had problems with it for a while. \There is often a stall at the three week mark so just hang in there. It will start moving gain.
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am 6 weeks and 2 days. I no long have any restrictions, however; I am being very careful and introducing things into my diet one at a time to make sure it agrees with me.

Make sure you are still listening to your body....the first twing of full STOP. I have not thrown up because I never take another bite after that.

This is a process and you are doing great!
  • dsagel
    dsagel Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am almost 3 months out and am eating just about everything in moderation! Protein first, then veggies if there is room. Going through lots of laughing cow cheese triangles for snacks....love them! The only things I haven't been able to tolerate so far is chicken chilli and pizza!
  • TheCurvyJ
    TheCurvyJ Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    hi i am 3 weeks post op and i lost 36 pounds in all after surgery 24 pounds usually walk every morning but did not walk for 3 days now and i am stuck on 264 a week now its driving me crazy any suggestions. i ate rice today for the first and i throw it up. help people
    There are people years out who can't eat rice. It's not recommended for us, esp at 3 weeks out. It's a grain and it will expand in your tummy. At 3 weeks out your tummy isn't ready for rice

As well there is typically a 'pause' at week three post surgery. You've gone through a traumatic experience and lost 24lbs. Let your body catch its breath. Never fear, the scale will move again. You are constantly burning fat and moving forward, even if it doesn't seem like it!

I'm 11 months out, and the first three months I drove myself crazy. Relax, it works!
  • TheCurvyJ
    TheCurvyJ Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am almost 3 months out and am eating just about everything in moderation! Protein first, then veggies if there is room. Going through lots of laughing cow cheese triangles for snacks....love them! The only things I haven't been able to tolerate so far is chicken chilli and pizza!
    Yeah at three months I was eating pretty much whatever I wanted (within the guidelines) and supplementing my protein with daily shake. I love laughing cow with slices of cucumber!
  • alchaley
    Options
    I'm three months out TODAY! I eat just about whatever I want except for things really spicy or fried. I stay away from bread, rice, pasta and other similar carbs. I've learned how to make some Yummy pizza using Flat Out Light flat bread that is so good! I haven't eaten a lot of fresh fruit or salad yet since I'm still focusing on protein.
    Some of my favorites are greek yogurt, string cheese, tuna/chicken salad, hard boiled egg whites, more cheese, turkey or chicken lunchmeats with low sodium grilled shrimp and talipia. I use my crockpot a lot. I make a lot of chicken dishes in it. It's easy and since I found the crockpot liners, clean up is crazy easy!
    I'm not a fan of breakfast since all I have found to eat is either scrambled eggs or yogurt. It gets old. I'd rather have pizza!
    Add me and check out my food diary anytime. I try to keep my intake around 900 calories daily and protein as close to 90 as possible.
    Good luck in your journey!