How to finish it

Options
Just did the last W10, cardio 3 tomorrow then I'm on to W11 +12. I'm trying to decided what to do in week 13. I know the programme says to do the same workouts for 3 weeks but I feel like that would be a bit boring. I wonder if it would be interesting to repeat some earlier workouts to see how far I've come but I also don't want to be too easy on myself so I'm thinking I'll mix it up and do a different workout each day. I'm going to take my final measurements on Christmas Eve and then have a couple of weeks off from organised exercise during the holidays. That means I will do 6 workouts and 2 cardios.

Would you guys help me pick which routines to do, that way I wont be too easy on myself. I don't mind doing some of 11 + 12 again so post which routine you think I should repeat and why (if you have a why) and I'll do them. Thanks for your help.

Replies

• kelbelll83
    Options
    I forgot that we're supposed to do workouts 11 & 12 for 3 weeks, I wonder if she did that on purpose for some reason. But anyway, you're right about it getting boring. At the end of the 2nd week I'm usually pretty bored of the 2 workouts. That's not a bad idea you have though, I think about some of the earlier workouts and if they would be really easy for me now. If I were you I wouldn't go any earlier than workout 5 because you want to still challenge yourself. But it's up to you. I've always liked the back of the body workouts better than the front of the body. I felt I got more of a workout, but that's just me. I would definitely do workout 8 again, I remember liking that one. I'll look back on some of the workouts and give you my opinion.

I just started week 10 yesterday so we're basically on the same schedule. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that 3rd week yet. I guess it depends on how much I like those workouts. Do you still plan on doing T25 after?
  • lidzia_w1
    lidzia_w1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was also thinking about what to do after finishing BR. I still got phase 3 left, but like to have some plan:) I found some really cool workouts like Banish Fat Boost Metabolism or Hard Body, both by Jillian. I love her style and planning to stick with her for a while. As these workouts are about 45mins, that would be some nice change and challenge. I don't think I will be doing extra 13th week, just jump on straight on one of these.
  • photojunk
    photojunk Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I didn't even realise it went in for 3 weeks. I will probably persevere but try to push my self on final week.
    Maybe do workout 1 & 11 followed by cardio 1,
    2& 12 followed by cardio 2,
    3&9 + cardio 1,
    4&10 + cardio 2,
    5&7 + cardio 3,
    6&8 + cardio 1,
  • Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I forgot that we're supposed to do workouts 11 & 12 for 3 weeks, I wonder if she did that on purpose for some reason. But anyway, you're right about it getting boring. At the end of the 2nd week I'm usually pretty bored of the 2 workouts. That's not a bad idea you have though, I think about some of the earlier workouts and if they would be really easy for me now. If I were you I wouldn't go any earlier than workout 5 because you want to still challenge yourself. But it's up to you. I've always liked the back of the body workouts better than the front of the body. I felt I got more of a workout, but that's just me. I would definitely do workout 8 again, I remember liking that one. I'll look back on some of the workouts and give you my opinion.

I just started week 10 yesterday so we're basically on the same schedule. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that 3rd week yet. I guess it depends on how much I like those workouts. Do you still plan on doing T25 after?

I think the last week was just a marketing ploy to bump the numbers up to 90 (although 13 x7 =91). On saying that I still want to carry on with the last bit because it takes me nicely to Christmas.

Workout 8 was good for me too and I think you are right about not going back too far but I might do 3 or 4 just to see how far I've come.

Still doing T25 after, I'm getting it for Christmas and aiming to start 4th January. Are you joining me?
  • Daisychain65
    Options
    I didn't even realise it went in for 3 weeks. I will probably persevere but try to push my self on final week.
    Maybe do workout 1 & 11 followed by cardio 1,
    2& 12 followed by cardio 2,
    3&9 + cardio 1,
    4&10 + cardio 2,
    5&7 + cardio 3,
    6&8 + cardio 1,

Thank you, I like the idea of alternating an earlier then later routine, I will probably do this but I'll do an odd number then an even one as they concentrate on different muscles.
  • hollyelise68
    hollyelise68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    When I hit 9 I was modifying everything in that workout and was discouraged so went back and just went through them starting with 5. Did 5,6, cardio 1, 7,8, cardio 2 in one week. Then I redid 9 and went from there. I had strained the muscle in the front of my shoulder and all the pushups were too hard with it strained. I don't think any would be going back too far as you can do the more challenging modifications she shows.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    She did not plan on it because in the one of the workouts she mentions you are in the final two weeks of the program. I just did the last week as they have in the book because I was still challenged by the workouts and it brought me to the weekend before Thanksgiving. It was so tempting not to do them though because I know plenty of people who just do the twelve weeks and call it a day.

Yesterday I did Ripped in 30 Workout 1 and just modified the moves to include weights and did the more advance versions. I think you could do that with any of the workouts in Body Revolution. It was still a good workout but I also had not worked out in 5 days so that may have been why.

I am going on vacation at the end of the week so I decided just to do each workout on Ripped in 30 and a couple from 30 Day Shred until I leave. I will probalby do that same until I get back as well. I want to start T25 but I am going to do another round of BR first before dropping more money another workout program.
  • photojunk
    photojunk Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I was putting odds together and evens together so you can do front of body one day and back of body the next day
  • Daisychain65
    Options
    So I've started my final week today and I decided to revisit W7 as that was the one that I remember being very difficult. I wish I could say I found it loads easier now but it was still really hard especially the first 2 sets. I certainly managed better form and probably more reps than before, but I still had to modify some of it. I'm going to do W10 tomorrow and cardio 2 the next day, I still haven't decided what to do for the last 3 days. I was expecting to have more time before Christmas but life has got in the way so my final weigh in will be on 23rd Dec.