Please join me!!!

Options
I am sooooooo frustrated with myself and once again at an all-time high weight. :frown: It seems that I cannot lose one pound, let alone the 65 pounds that I need to lose to get to an "acceptable" weight! But...... tonight, I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes and did some strength training with free weights. I am NOT giving up on myself!!! I deserve better than this!!! I am also working on my mindset and self-esteem, which is a necessary part of the weight loss journey for me. I am on medication that makes it more difficult for me to lose weight, but I CAN DO IT!!! Please join me ~ RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE ~ on taking baby steps, and occasionally big leaps, toward weight loss! I know that with the support of each other, we can do this! Please post if you are reading this, so that I know I am not alone! Also, feel free to start new topics of interest to you and/or comment on old topics to bring them up to the top of the discussion board. Best of luck to you! :wink:

Replies

• aubsgg
    aubsgg Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    We sound so much alike at this point, though you managed to exercise. You can do this! Commit to one day at a time. Be successful today and before you know it you will have changed your habits and lost your 65 lbs.

I've been eating too many cheddar and sour cream potato chips, today I've decided they are no longer allowed in the house.

Frustration is a normal place to go, and it is so unproductive. Turn it into a place to analyze what you have done that you wished you didn't. Now make a plan the next time you go there. The plan (at least for me) may be to notice what you are about to do before you do it not after.

Did you succumb? Get back up brush it off, move forward. Think of that baby learning to walk. That butt gets quite a beating (sometimes arms, knees and face too) and baby keeps getting up. Standing for a just a few seconds, then a step, then two or three and then off and running.
  • Iamslimandfit
    Iamslimandfit Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your encouragment, aubsgg!!! I have now decided that I need to lose about 75 pounds to get down to a healthy BMI. I lowered my goal weight and ~ unfortunately ~ my highest weight keeps creeping up. THIS IS IT!!! No higher!!! I need to do whatever it takes to make that scale budge DOWNWARD!!! I feel committed today, which is where my focus is. I know that my motivation will go up and down, though, so I appreciate that you are here to share this journey with me.
  • aubsgg
    Options
    Are you still committed? Making changes? Sticking to your plan, at least more than not?

I want you to keep your attitude of can.

I'm doing well with my commitment so far this week. I went to bed hungry Tuesday cuz I had no calories left over. Now if I can just get on the exercise wagon. Exercise keeps me from being hungry at the same time as allowing me to eat more.
  • aubsgg
    Options
    1 hour zumba (wii) yesterday, all those calories and no desire to eat them
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    Way to go, aubsgg!!! That is so good that you went to bed hungry since no calories left, and did zumba for an hour with no desire to eat your calories!!! Working out, like most everything else I do, usually makes me hungry. But at least I get extra calories when I work out. I am still committed, but not keeping track of my intake. Just working hard to make healthy choices. I started back up with a new personal trainer yesterday, and I will aim to work with her twice a week whenever possible. On the other days, I really need to get my cardio in. I have yet to exercise today, but I will get it in soon. We are at our lake house, so I will be riding the recumbent cycle we have here (which I actually like better than our bike at home). What is your plan for Thanksgiving? Hope you have a great day! :smile:
  • aubsgg
    Options
    I am going to my Aunt's for Thanksgiving. She is always talking about loosing weight and exercising so I am taking my zumba disk (I think she has a wii) and a video DVD. Saturday we are going to the xmas tree farm to cut down a tree, walking around there will give me exercise. Hopefully won't undo my week of success.

For me Thanksgiving meal isn't very much different than an ordinary meal. Turkey, maybe gravy, mashed potato, salad and fresh green vegetable. The yummy snacks at xmas tree farm will be more damaging, Being gluten free will limit what I am able to eat there though.

How about your thanksgiving?
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    We had a great Thanksgiving, but I ate way too much food. :frown: I am still fighting to get back on board. So far, today has been good food-wise. And I just finished a 30-minute workout on the recumbent cycle, so that helps! On Wednesday, my little family of 4 had Thanksgiving dinner at our lake house. My husband cooked the whole thing! Love it!!! He spoils us! :bigsmile: I admit that I ate seconds, which I shouldn't have, but it was so delicious. Then, on Thanksgiving day, the kids and I went back home to be at my parents' BIG (as in # of people) Thanksgiving celebration. The food was not nearly as yummy, so it was easy to stick with one serving. I was successful in keeping the focus on the people gathered together and not on the meal. We have spent most of the week at the lake house and I always have more snack temptations here. Just trying hard to keep my focus.

Hope you have a great week ahead! Please keep in touch!
  • aubsgg
    Options
    Exercising over the weekend didn't happen. Food was a little too much. Find out tomorrow what the damage is. i'm on vacation this week, not going anywhere so i should be able to workout all week and get my weight back where it should be. Want to end the year as close to 174 as possible. It is where I hot down to in March before I started to gain 15 lbs.
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    Hope you enjoy your week off!!! :bigsmile: I am making some serious progress on my internal journey toward weight loss. Now if I can get the outside to follow, I'd be on my way! I have faith that I will get it done a little at a time, starting today! It is almost 11pm, but I am going to go walk on the treadmill one last time at the age of 46. Tomorrow is my birthday, so I'll have to bump my age up to 47. :noway: YIKES!!! I am determined to make this a great year ahead, though, so bring it on! :wink:
  • aubsgg
    Options
    Happy birthday!
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    Thank you for the birthday wishes! I had a great day. Worked out with my new personal trainer and it felt great! I decided that this is going to be a great year and the year in which I get healthy again. And I can't wait! I have been much more consistent with exercise lately, but need to keep it up for....... well, forever! But I am taking it one day at a time. My food has been better, but still room for a lot of improvement there. I am working on it and focusing on making progress a little at a time. How have you been?
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    Today has been a rough day. Shopped for clothes and left feeling like a big fat person. :cry: Some other stuff happened, too, to challenge my positive thinking. I am working hard to drown out the negative thoughts with positive thinking. Some moments are better than others. I hope you are doing well! Write when you can!
  • aubsgg
    Options
    I'm sorry you had a hard day. Shopping frequently is a downer, especially with the crummy mirrors in stores.

I've been stressed lately, haven't even thought about mfp. No exercise for me. Our complex got a new treadmill so maybe I'll try getting there. Going out of town again next week. Last trip I didn't get any exercise in. But I;m gaining and losing the same 2 lbs, so not much damage done. Just no good happening either.
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    Hi! I am doing much better with consistent exercise and better eating. Not sure if it is paying off yet with weight loss, but I know I am heading in the right direction for better health. That is my main focus, but I sure hope the weight loss will follow. I haven't logged calories in MFP for a long time, but started keeping a log of my eating in a journal again. I think it helps. I hope you are doing well! Write when you get a chance with an update on yourself.
  • aubsgg
    Options
    This is my 3rd try at responding to this. Unfortunately nothing has changed for me. Sporadic at logging food, some days of eating too much, no exercise. I feel like I'm making progress if the scale goes down and then the next day it is right back up.

I just found this 2 hours later, sitting on my computer unsent. maybe that's what happened the first 2 times :)
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    Weighed myself last week and the scale hadn't budged down A BIT!!! :sad: Had a little tantrum because of this and went off plan all weekend, which makes no sense, I know. I am back on board today. Just worked out with my trainer and feel recommitted to eating right and exercising consistently FOR MY HEALTH first. I am trusting that the weight loss will eventually follow. It just has to! Hope you get things turned around soon. Hang in there! One day and one step at a time!
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    Something needed to give, so I started following the DASH Diet for Weight Loss on 2/24/14. IN the first week, I lost 6 pounds. I don't expect that big of a loss every week, but it is the first time in about 5 years since my weight has budged DOWN at all!!! So I am a happy camper!!! It is now 3/5, and I have continued to follow the eating guidelines really well. I think things are finally clicking!!! :bigsmile: How are things with you, aubsgg?!? You still checking in???
  • aubsgg
    Options
    That is great that you are having success! Keep building on it.

I have been checking in her periodically. So far nothing changed for me. Been sick the last two weeks as well as out of town. Great plans of exercising not happening. Maybe next week. I won't have a co worker with me so I will be able to return to the hotel sooner in the evenings.
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    Still traveling a lot for work?!? That must make healthy eating and exercising very difficult. BUT: YOU CAN DO IT!!! My wheels fell off the last 3 days (Weds - Fri), but I am back on board today! Lost 6 pounds the first week but only .4 this week do to my slip-ups at the end of the week. I need to buckle down again and do well, because this eating plan is working for me (if I work it)!