Welcome to this group

Options
Hello, I'm glad you have joined, please share any thing you would like, but please no fighting

Replies

• postolache
    postolache Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    This week decided to walk to work instead of driving. About 2x2miles / day.
  • kspexet
    kspexet Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi! I love walking. I am on my 3rd week of training to walk in a half-marathon in May. I am proud to say that I walked 5 miles on Saturday. I was very sore, but it was worth it.
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    That is a fantastic goal and by the sounds of it you are well on your way. Good luck.
    I set a weekly goal of at least an hour a day.
  • priscilla123angel
    Options
    hi i have just recently decided to do something about my weight, i figured diet and walking should be my first steps since i am not athletic at all and im just a beginner ,i thought this was gunna be easy cuz how hard can walking be?.... it wasnt my legs burned but i kept going i did one hour of power walking and started the 7 day cabbage soup diet
  • TonyaPietrzak
    TonyaPietrzak Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am happy that there is a walking group :)
    I love to walk at least a mile after each meal
    but sometimes it don't work out like that.

Hope the group grows.
  • airdiva1
    airdiva1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Glad to see a walking to fitness group!
    I start walking in mid September. I was over 300lbs, I had such a hard time walking 1/2 mile at a nearby park.
    I always heard it takes 21 days to change or gain a habit. I made it my goal to walk at least five days a week.
    One thing that also inspired me was recalling an elderly woman in my old neighborhood that walked everyday! It didn't matter if it was cold, raining or snow, she walked!
    I'm now walking up to 4 miles five days (but often six) a week!
    I'm down to 273 lbs and also walked in the rain, the cold and sun!
    It a great time to just think and I always feel better afterwards!

Also you can inspire others! After walking one morning, a lady who was parked next to me caught my attention. She told me that her doctor told her to start walking to control some health issues. She felt that being such a large size, not being able to do so. But seeing me walking showed her it didn't matter what her size starting out.
    I don't have a job and would love to afford gym cost or even a trainer. Walking is free! I love the two parks that I normally walk.
    We can do it! Let's inspire each other!
  • trulyblessedjmr
    Options
    I love to run; however, due to a torn meniscus, I must learn to love to walk for awhile. I have regained the weight that I had lost. Starting over.
  • soniacowley37
    Options
    Hello everyone :) im new to this and have started to walk every day and now that ive moved to a town by the beach my goal is to walk my dogs every night so we all get plenty of exercise.
  • masdec7
    masdec7 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I love walking for exercise. I have aerobic induced asthmatic cough and thus cannot do many exercises that work my lungs too much. So walking is my exercise of choice. I've been using Lesley Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds videos so I can walk any time. I also love to walk outside when the weather is nice and do light hiking. My big issue right now is getting out of bed in the morning to exercise. It won't get done if I don't do it before my 3 year old wakes up in the morning. (I work full time.) This sounds like a great group for motivation.
  • caroluherek
    caroluherek Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I started walking in August to help improve my health after going through chemo earlier this year for leukemia. I've let my gym membership lapse but I make a point of taking my dog out for a walk every day, sometimes twice! When I started we walked for 30 minutes, now we're up to talking between 60-90 minutes per day regardless of the weather. I've used my heart rate monitor on some of my walks and have found that if we're trucking along at a good pace I get my heart rate into my target range for cardio. Walking is great and you can do it anywhere, happy to have found this group.