December 2013 Challenge

Options
melkadee
melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
MAINTAIN DON’T GAIN

So many people tend to gain weight during the holiday season and often find it difficult to return to their pre-holiday weight. This challenge is an extension of the November challenge.

This month:
• Maintain your MFP food log
• Exercise often
• Check-in with the group
• Maintain, Don’t Gain!

Are you in?

Enjoy the Holiday Season!!!

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I'm in with the caveat that I may not log my food....but I'll try! The rest I think I can do!
    Thank-you!!
  • MinMin97
    Options
    Oh yeah, oh yeah. Burned 540cals on a bike ride today.
  • melkadee
    Options
    Good going, MinMin! Keep it up!!!!:smile:
  • melkadee
    Options
    I weighed today. I am up 2 pounds from my previous weigh-in. I will maintain. I will actually like to see a loss. I'm hoping. :laugh:
  • TheMMan
    TheMMan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I've been a lazy slug lately but because of 12 hour workdays. However, I plan on 2 workouts with my TRX exercise group. I'm going to log more often. Being aware of my calorie intake has saved me from gaining during this time period. I've been able to maintain. In fact, I think I'll soon adjust my GW down 5 lbs to 160!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm running a small Facebook group with the same goals. I'm up a couple pounds right now and hoping its bloat. Time will tell.
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I gained 2 lbs over the Thanksgiving week... but I expected that. I'm playing hardcourt volleyball every Monday now, going to the gym 4-5 other days, squats challenge and abs challenge this month! I already feel better after 3 days of being back to eating like I usually do. Also attempting to get more protein into my diet... Good luck everyone!
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm in. There is a maintain event at my work too. I think I'm 1.25 pounds after five days of holiday eating. the previous two days I did get good exercise in and I'm on track diet wise too.
  • melkadee
    Options
    I'm in. I've been a lazy slug lately but because of 12 hour workdays. However, I plan on 2 workouts with my TRX exercise group. I'm going to log more often. Being aware of my calorie intake has saved me from gaining during this time period. I've been able to maintain. In fact, I think I'll soon adjust my GW down 5 lbs to 160!

I've heard great things about TRX. Hang in there!:smile:
  • melkadee
    Options
    I'm in! I'm running a small Facebook group with the same goals. I'm up a couple pounds right now and hoping its bloat. Time will tell.

I am also up a couple of pounds. What other weight loss goals do you have with your Facebook group?
  • rocky503
    Options

I am also up a couple of pounds. What other weight loss goals do you have with your Facebook group?

actually the challenge is at my real work place. Week before the holiday people weigh themselves (and keep it to themsleves) then weekly weight in and report if you up down and or maintaining and by how much. Also they give out tips every week and there a weekly prize drawings.
    So right now til the end of year my goal to maintain although I am up a couple of pounds from goals weight. I deal with that in the new year. Right now it's maintain and maybe build some muscle.
  • melkadee
    Options

actually the challenge is at my real work place. Week before the holiday people weigh themselves (and keep it to themsleves) then weekly weight in and report if you up down and or maintaining and by how much. Also they give out tips every week and there a weekly prize drawings.
    So right now til the end of year my goal to maintain although I am up a couple of pounds from goals weight. I deal with that in the new year. Right now it's maintain and maybe build some muscle.

Rocky503, you are always so good about strength training. I need to more with building muscles. I started once, but stopped because I wasn't seeing a decrease on the scale. I know that was a BIG mistake.
  • melkadee
    Options
    I gained 2 lbs over the Thanksgiving week... but I expected that. I'm playing hardcourt volleyball every Monday now, going to the gym 4-5 other days, squats challenge and abs challenge this month! I already feel better after 3 days of being back to eating like I usually do. Also attempting to get more protein into my diet... Good luck everyone!

CTCMom, it sounds like you have a plan!!! How do you get more protein? Do you make the protein shakes? I have been eating more Greek yogurt lately.
  • TheMMan
    Options
    I FINALLY got a workout in with my group! It will be interesting to see how I feel tomorrow. This weekend I plan to do some deer hunting in the hills of SE Ohio so that will be some great exercise. I'm not as into the hunting as I am the exercise, beer and cards (1 deer in 15 years). Surprisingly, I often lose weight after one of these trips. I'm still holding at 166.5. I'll update early next week.
  • TheMMan
    Options

I've heard great things about TRX. Hang in there!:smile:

TRX or the generic suspension training is great. I go to a group with a leader who pushes us hard. I have a generic unit in my basement that I bought for $40 and I do mini workout on it to keep toned up. It's great![
  • melkadee
    Options
    I FINALLY got a workout in with my group! It will be interesting to see how I feel tomorrow. This weekend I plan to do some deer hunting in the hills of SE Ohio so that will be some great exercise. I'm not as into the hunting as I am the exercise, beer and cards (1 deer in 15 years). Surprisingly, I often lose weight after one of these trips. I'm still holding at 166.5. I'll update early next week.

My dad would take my brother deer hunting every Thanksgiving day, but he never took his daughters.
  • rocky503
    Options
    I'm maintaining but having a tough time getting exercise in the week. Winter is always tough for me due to illness, weather and holidays. But I logged today yeahs all around.
  • MinMin97
    Options
    Leaving for Disneyland on Monday. Will be gone for the week! There's a GYM at the hotel. And I'm going to use it!!
    So excited our family gets to do this!!
  • melkadee
    Options
    I'm maintaining but having a tough time getting exercise in the week. Winter is always tough for me due to illness, weather and holidays. But I logged today yeahs all around.

Great job, Rocky! Keep it up! :happy:
  • TheMMan
    Options
    My original goal was to hit 170. Then I readjusted to 165. This week, I tipped in at 165 - the last time I weighed 165, I was 12, over 40 years ago! Time for a new goal readjustment down to 160 - there's still room for stuff to come off! However, my rate will be set to 1 lb/month instead of the prior rate of 2-4 lbs/month.