It's an obsession

Options
ukgirly01
ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
I've been lifting for nearly 2 years now, it still suprises me just how much I love it! It's a rest day today and all I can think about is lifting. I've always gone to the gym but cardio has never had the same attraction as limiting, it's life changing!

Replies

• Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    FUNNY...I am the exact opposite!! I find cardio addicting!! I hate weight, machines, strength, toning, etc. I find it easier to schedule and easier to commit to cardio. That is my one goal for 2014....I want to somehow work strength training into my schedule at least twice a week.

By the way....not a bad thing to be addicted to if you ask me!! I'm just sayin'!!! :bigsmile:
  • Stephanie198907
    Stephanie198907 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    good for you! a healthy addiction.

I was once addicted to cardio (machines) but I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere so I switched to walking/jogging outside and now I love it. It feels like I'm getting a better workout.

I just seriously started heavy lifting not long ago and while I am in no way addicted to lifting (it hurts so bad, lol) I am addicted to the results!
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I've always preferred lifting. I just love the power!! And the muscles!! And I could never grasp those aerobic moves, hate running, the bike is boring, what else is there for cardio? I take walks or hikes, and they're a bit tedious to me, too. So, pass me a set of dumbbells!! :)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous. None of my addictions are healthy.
  • KimBickel
    KimBickel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The thing I like about lifting is the rush from beating my personal best. It's so trackable and easy to see the progression on paper.
  • MissPeppers
    MissPeppers Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I like being a bit obsessed, it keeps me going back to the gym ;)
    I love the feeling of being in my own body after a good workout.
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    The thing I like about lifting is the rush from beating my personal best. It's so trackable and easy to see the progression on paper.

Yes, that. I can deal with slow mirror progress if I'm seeing gains in strength.