Phase 3! Almost There!!!

Options
hkmurphy83
hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
I just thought I'd start a thread for us to discuss Phase 3. I'm currently doing my 2nd week of Workouts 9&10. As always, I find the front of the body workouts more challenging. However, I love how much stronger I notice that I'm getting. I have to say that I'm struggling with all the plyo moves that she's having us do. JUMPING LUNGES?? Come on!!! I have had knee surgery on both of my knees so they don't work as well as they could. Therefore, I do the best that I can, but I have to modify. I am loving all the ab moves she throws at us. I have noticed distinct definition in my abs as the program has progressed. :)

Replies

• kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I just gotta say - WOOOOO-HOOOOO!!!!!! It is amazing that you can do the things that you didn't think you ever could and YAY FOR ABS!! :)
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I started Phase 3 but have not done the Cardio yet. My life has been pretty hectic the last couple of days (excuses, I Know) but I also think I am purposefully trying to avoid it! I remember it being really hard during my first round of JMBR. We'll see if I get my *kitten* in gear to do it tonight!
  • hkmurphy83
    Options
    Cardio 3 is TOUGH!!! I did it once, and that was enough for me. I was training for a 5K and now I'm continuing to train for another 5K this fall. I'm using my runs on those days to count for my cardio burns.
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm on workouts 11 and 12. She put some super challenging moves in these ones! I am delighted to say that I can actually do a few wheel pushups. When you get there... just try them. They aren't as impossible as they look. I think workout 12 is my favorite so far. And I love cardio 3. Cardio 1 and 2 were soooo boring.
  • Scilla887
    Scilla887 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Cardio 3 is tough! I lay on the floor for about 15 minutes after the workout before I get up again. I'm on my second week of phase 3. I can't help it, but I have to constantly pause the dvd. I know Jillian will kick my *kitten* for pausing, but I just need those little pauses. Is anyone else having to pause?
  • hkmurphy83
    Options
    I hate Cardio 3 so I just run those days. It isn't even that I can't do the moves; I just have bad knees and get tired of ALL the jumping.

I tried the Wheel Pushups. Not so much, but I can hold in Wheel so I'll take it. Holding in bottom Chuterunga on WO 11 is INSANE!!!!

I'm hoping by the end of my 3rd week of these 2 workouts I'll be strong enough to do all the moves. I'm just 1/2 way through week 1 of the 3 I'm planning on doing. I'm GOING to finish strong!
  • AncaPetrescu
    Options
    Yes!! I will begin phase 3 on Wednesday and I feel a lot more pauses coming up!
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I just started Week 13 today. Holding the chuterunga is horrible. Even on my knees I can only handle it for maybe 10 seconds. The wheel pushups...I can barely get off the crown of my head.

I do love the bicep curls at the end though. When I saw that, I just laughed and thought she was joking. I think it is funny how much David looks like he is being tortured during those too. Like he can't handle some 8 lb weights.
  • hollyelise68
    hollyelise68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I did cardio 3 for the first time today and it wasn't that bad. I cannot do a lot of workout 9 without modifying. I have p90x to do next and was scared it would be too much so today am watching a couple to see. The plyo is all stuff we've done in body revolution...just 30 minutes longer. What is everyone else doing after body revolution? I will add cardio to p90x...run, elliptical, and maybe 2nd workouts some days of tea bo or shred workout.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I finished up almost 2 weeks ago. I had some things happen during Thanksgiving week and only worked out one day. This week I ran through each workout of Ripped in 30. I have a two week trip that starts tomorrow so I could not start another program. I am going to just do whatever DVD or workout I can until the New Year and I am doing another round of BR. After that, I am thinking Focus T25. I really like having a scheduled routine to follow. It keeps me motivated.