Orange team week 8

Options
BMP9713
BMP9713 Posts: 107 Member
Good afternoon orange team! I hope all of you had a wonderful thanksgiving. You all did a great job last week. Here is this weeks challenge. You can also visit the week 8 challenge thread for more details.
1) An hour worth of exercise without typical workout equipment ( may include 30 minutes of extra movement)
Extra credit: donate to your local food bank

Replies

• dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    We got this...
  • BMP9713
    Options
    Yes we do lol
  • BMP9713
    Options
    Well I'm partially done with the challenge. Today when I went to take my compass test at the college I had to go to the back of the building because the main parking lot was closed and to my surprise there was this crazy awesome set of stairs! It took me 5 minutes just to go up the steps so when I came back out I went up and down another 5 times I'm sure if there was anyone looking out of the window they thought I was crazy lol but I did my exercise! This was before I even read the challenge lol
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Went to the store today and was going to park close to the door but then I thought about this challenge. So, I parked all the way at the end & my son asked me why I parked so far lol. While in the store, I walked around to get some "extra movement" done.

Wed, 12/4~15 mins (extra movement-parked far & walked around store)

Total: 15/60 minutes
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I just love this challenge. I have a few idea's already of things I can do that are "Outside the Box"

at work (12/05/13) I took a rectangular 4" high wooden 3 sided box. (it is for us to put our feet on so we don't have legs dangling off our chairs.) I used it to do step ups and down for 10 minutes and then I also used this same box to do calf raises (where I can lower my heal on the down swing of the calf raise). I did this 5 min. x 2 sets = 10 minutes total.

So for today, I have 20 minutes in.

Total 20/ 60 minutes

(loveme445, I liked the way you did your total so I stole it from you, hope you don't mind :D )
  • BMP9713
    Options
    Awesome job ladies!
  • RaineyLaney
    Options
    Ok, I really though "outside the box" today. I took a floor rug, turned it upside down, placed the metal dog cage (medium sized) on the rug. I then placed 2-25lb box's of scoopable cat litter inside the cage and took a book bag, filled it up with books and weighed it to be 20lbs. for a total of 70 lbs plus what the cage weighed. I have hard wooden floors and my house is set up where you can go from room to room in a complete circle, so that is what I did, I pushed that thing from my livingroon, to the dinning room, to the kitchen, to the den, to a 10x10 room that all my doors come out into (no hallway), then back into the livingroom. I did that for 15minutes today. It was a great workout too. I been wanting to figure something out to push, like they do in the gym at the BL. will have to do that one again :) great workout.

today 15 minutes, yesterday was 20 minutes

total 35/60 minutes
  • loveme445
    Options
    Rainey~No problem....You are doing awesome with the challenge this week!

Wed, 12/4~15 mins (extra movement-parked far & walked around store)
    Thurs, 12/5~78 mins (I used two 1 liter bottles as my weight while walking today) *If this does not meet the requirement for the challenge, please let me know. Thank You!

Total: 93/60 minutes
    ~Challenge Complete
  • RaineyLaney
    Options
    Ok, I did the optional challenge tonight at work. (12/06/13). I donated food that my work is collection for the needy in my town. We have a big container in our Conference room. I brought in a box that contained 12 box's of mac & cheese, Cans of Pea's, carrots, corn, and mixed fruit. Then I have a case of each of these (12 cans per case) Pinto beans, Northern white beans, Dark Kidney beans and pork and beans. Our security guard just took them from my car down to the conference room container (cases he sat on floor next to the container).

Also when I get home from work and before I have my dentist appointment to have a tooth pulled (not sure how much exercise I will get done afterwards). I am going to do some dancing. I love my dance video's, but this has to be outside the norm. So I will put my CD in of "Aqua" It is a pretty good beat music CD (I had bought it way back for the Barbie doll song and I just love the whole disk, Play it when cleaning house to get energized.) I will dance to that CD while holding my dog (weighs 16lbs) for 15 minutes and then will dance holding my cat who weighs in at 15.2 lbs (yup she is a hefty kitty). for another 15minutes. They are both use to me dancing while holding them and It isn't always a slow dancing either. They both love it. My other kitties hate to dance, but not these two. that will be a total of 30 minutes and will complete this challenge (just in case my mouth is too sore where I don't do much more in exercising in next couple days.

so my totals so far (and adding the dancing in)
    20 minutes (doing the calf raises and step ups) 12/04/13
    15 minutes (pushing the dog crate with all the weight) 12/05/13
    30 minutes (dancing with dog and cat to up beat music) 12/06/13
    Total time 65/60 minutes

plus the optional challenge is complete too as of 12/06/13.

edited to correct spelling errors.. ooops
  • dillyg08
    Options
    Team, I'm so sorry, but I have to call it quits for now. I have some family issues going on that will take up a lot of my time and I won't be able to commit like I would like to :cry:

Good luck to you all in your journey:-)
  • BMP9713
    Options
    Team, I'm so sorry, but I have to call it quits for now. I have some family issues going on that will take up a lot of my time and I won't be able to commit like I would like to :cry:

I will be praying for you!
  • loveme445
    Options

Hope every thing works out! ((((hugs)))
  • dillyg08
    Options
    @BMP9713
    @loveme445

Thank you so much!
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    hope everything works out for you dilly08,
    also found out why I have always been late with everything, got a new laptop and the date is 1 day ahead.
    I did the extra movement, walking jogging on the spot while I watch tv and jogging stairs for doing laundry and I have lots of laundry