Is egg drop soup okay during the 2 week liquid phase?

I'm struggling to make it through these two weeks. I am sooo hungry. I do not want to break the rules though. Is egg drop soup okay during the 2 week liquid phase?

Replies

• Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    If you are on clear liquids, then probably not. If on full liquids, take the egg drop soup and eat broth, or mix in blender. Ma
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Call your NUT or Dr's office. I had a coordinating Nurse from the hospital who I could call whenever I had a question. She was quite helpful. I would think that egg drop would be ok if you are transioning from clear to full/smooth as soft eggs were one my early list.
  • cmorga02
    cmorga02 Posts: 34 Member
    My nutritionist said during week 2 post op, as long as I strained out most of the big chunks of eggs I can have egg drop soup. It's the chunks that you need to be concerned about.

You should definitely contact your NUT or doctor to make sure. Every program is different and should be followed to the best of your ability.
  • 13turtles
    13turtles Posts: 183 Member
    I was also advised to strain the soup and then it was allowed on my plan. Good luck!
  • sashahanrahan
    sashahanrahan Posts: 42 Member
    Thanks everyone. I drank the broth and avoided the egg. It was filling and helped me immensely. This two week liquid diet is the hardest part of this entire process in my opinion. I'm grateful I didn't have to do the liquid diet before the surgery.