Day 4. Life gets better by change, not chance!

Options
mstjmack26
mstjmack26 Posts: 121 Member
Good Morning . Today is day four and I bet most if not all of us feel like a brand new person. You have survived 4 whole days! Here is a quote to keep us going in the right direction.
"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
~ Jim Rohn quotes

You are forming a habit by eating more healthier each day, soon it will become second nature.

I look forward to reading your responses to this post.

Have a fit day!

Replies

• iceangel1992
    Options
    Your right, I know I feel like a new person, it's getting easier to say no to all the junk. I joined this group because I wanted to live healthier and lose weight, and only four day's into it and I have already lost five pounds. Thank you for starting this group =)
  • df1982
    df1982 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I didn't check in yesterday but it was a pretty good day...I'm slowly getting rid of the "bad" (i.e. packaged, processed) stuff that is in my fridge and replacing it with more whole foods, healthy fats and lean proteins. Eventually I'd like to try giving my body a rest from dairy and gluten but I want to move into that very, very gradually.

Today:

B - jalapeño, avocado and feta omelette, fresh squeezed orange juice
    L - thai take out at a work meeting - will try to make good choices!
    D - planning on a shrimp, avocado, and veggie salad
    S - greek yogurt/apple and sunflower butter

Good luck everyone! I agree, it makes a big difference to do this even for a few days. I have also dropped a few pounds and am looking forward to making this more of a permanent change.
  • iceangel1992
    Options
    B- Same as yesterday
    L- 6 inch buffalo chicken on 9 grain wheat with all the veggie's from subway, the family surprised me with an outing
    D- Planing on a big dinner salad, tomato, onion, lettuce, carrot, garlic, egg, dill pickle relish, and a bunch more veggie stuff I am to lazy to write out.
    S- Don't have any all this stuff is keeping me to full to eat snacks.
  • garzadrive
    garzadrive Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Love your quote about developing good habits!

Today was clean. My big treat was coffee with half and half. Yum!
  • garzadrive
    garzadrive Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Congrads on your surprise outing, and clean eating in a restaurant!
  • mstjmack26
    Options
    Everyone is eating so well!!! I can't believe day 4 is almost over done! You guys have inspired people who I know personally to start eating a lot better. My co workers are doing it now! I got a text from my cousin today saying that she and her team at work started today! I have been trying to get them started but I guess it takes seeing more than myself doing this for them to climb on board. The success of this group depends on you and the effort you put into eating better. Don't forget to pat yourself on the back for a job well done!!

Here is my food list.

Breakfast: mixed fruit and yogurt
    Lunch: 1 bowl of Special K cinnamon and pecan
    Dinner: same as yesterday Chicken Alfredo
    Snack: 1 slice of whole wheat bread with natural peanut butter
    I'll finish my 2 liters of water tonight.
    My workout: yoga only
  • Pamelawagg
    Pamelawagg Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone it sure feels good not eating junk food ! I can't hardly wait to weigh in Monday

B- coffee with vanilla almond breeze/ whole wheat toast/egg beater
    L- whey protien shake/ blueberry banana/truvia
    D- grilled chicken/sweet potato/black bean pico De Gallo
    S- pineapple/ string cheese

Fitbit calorie burn...1,882

Have a great rest of the night and a healthy motivated day tomorrow
  • Pamelawagg
    Pamelawagg Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting this group and motivating us. I really feel I will make it to day 21!
  • ttiger33
    ttiger33 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Whew! today was tough my body was asking for something sweet today in addition I was not feeling well.. ugh.. But, I did not cave in to the sweet request :-) I did not get my walk in but managed to complete 30 m in of strength training.. Hopefully tomorrow I will feel better..

Breakfast
    Sprouts Farmers Market - Dried Turkish Apricots, 5 pieces
    Homemade - Pad Thai With Tofu,

Quick Tools

Dinner
    Homemade - Pad Thai With Tofu,

Snacks
    Cuties - California Clementines,
    Persimmon - Raw Fruit,
    Generic - Sunflower Seeds, Roasted and Salted (
    Cuties - California Clementines,
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    B: Multi Grain English Muffin w/ cream cheese & an apple

S: Dry Roasted Soy Beans

L: Skinless Chicken Breast, Broccoli & Black Beans

S: Popcorn & Almonds

D: Chicken Link, Topping from 2 Pepperoni Pizza (no crust)

Keep up the good work everyone!!!!
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hi. Having a hard day. Shouldn't have weighed. You can see my whole rant on my blog. Anyway, Maybe it is salt? I did go over a couple of days this week.
  • mstjmack26
    Options
    Sorry to hear you had a hard day @Siberianmomma, but don't be to hard on yourself. If you did your best, that is what matters most. If you think it was the sodium , then monitor it for next few meals and make adjustments. Livewell, eatwell!