Does your BG go up while you are sleeping?

Options
mfigurski
mfigurski Posts: 23 Member
I tested my BG before going to bed last night and it was 114. This morning I checked it again and it was 123. I hadn't eaten anything after 7:00 last night. Does this ever happen to you? Any ideas on why it would go up?

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
  • mfigurski
    mfigurski Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I did not know about that. Thanks BigGuy47
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing and it can help to have a snack before bed. Some say a bit of protein only, others benefit from a small number of carbs and some protein. You can try different things to see if it helps.
  • GlucernaBrand
    Options
    This is a good discussion to have with your doctor, both that you notice your morning blood glucose may be higher than when you went to bed, and also about eating a snack in the evening. ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • Luizam25
    Luizam25 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It helps if minimize the carbs intake during the day. Better result in the morning. Almost all people with type 2 have to fight dawn effect. Good luck.
  • GoldwingGrandma
    GoldwingGrandma Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue and have found that if I eat a 100 calorie bag of popcorn in the evening it really helps. It was difficult for me to understand how eating in the evening would help lower my overnight BS, but it did. Good luck.