Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
the title says it all

anyone doing cardio plus this programme

what has your weight loss been like

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I haven't done cardio since I started SL...but I am going to in the new year.

Just some HITT training as I want to work on my cardio health as well.

Without Cardio I have lost about 8lbs and 4 inches....should be interesting what I might lose with cardio.
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i love the inches lost that is what i want to see
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I am finding I can't keep up with my lifts the more cardio I do. So I am focusing only on my lifts, my cardio health has come along just from lifting alone.
  • jcdoerr
    jcdoerr Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm only on my second week of SL so it's too early for me to give you any real insight, but hopefully someone out there can provide the answer you're looking for. I'm doing cardio after each lifting session in the form of interval sprints on the treadmill. I go for about 15 minutes now, but hope to add time to that as I get more comfortable lifting. A little weight loss would be a bonus, but I mainly do it to keep my running form together for the occasional 5K race.
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I do cardio (circuit training and kickboxing/bag work) but primarily for stress relief.

I didn't necessarily have a weight loss goal, but I do know that the lifting has definitely given me more definition and made me feel a lot happier with what I see in the mirror. I think if weight loss is your goal and you enjoy cardio, continue doing it but don't overdo it to the extent that your lift sessions suffer.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I primarily run as cardio outside of lifting. I got into it this summer and plan to keep up with it best I can along with lifting. Sure, some weeks one or the other will suffer due to life but I try and still do each 2-3 times a week. But definitely, the inches have been lost from lifting. I haven't lost weight in almost 2 months (due to...well life) but am still losing a few inches all over each month. Plus heart problems run in my family so cardio is good for that!
  • jw203
    jw203 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I run 15 miles a week and lift. My weight has stayed the same since I've been doing this (I think it may have even gone up a bit)- but my clothes are a little looser and also I really like beer and cheese.
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    cafb589e10524196cd4f9c7ce332ecc2.jpg
  • cbt007
    cbt007 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm only about a month in to strong lifts, and I've lost 1 inch on my chest, 3 inches from my waist, and 2 inches from my hips. I'm not sure about my weight. I just started tracking my food intake this week and I have just started slowly incorporating cardio into my workouts.
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    cafb589e10524196cd4f9c7ce332ecc2.jpg

This made me smile.:flowerforyou:
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Stronglifts since the 2nd of October. I also walk usually four days a week, and do Zumbe once a week. If I'm doing cardo at the gym, I do my lifting first. Also on the days that I lift, I walk less. When I do Zumba, that's all I do that day.

So far I have lost 21 pounds.
  • Jcao1214
    Jcao1214 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been doing stronglift since August. I'm mainly focused on building strength and not losing weight. I do strong lifts twice a week and an intense interval/strength session once a week with a personal trainer. I want to do more cardio but I notice that if I do any cardio on the in between days (even light activity like the elliptical) I'm not as strong on my lift days. So I usually do a 15 minute HIIT video to warm up before my stronglift session. I might look into some stretching/yoga on my off days instead. Even though I'm doing way less cardio then I did before my weight has stayed stable and the crazy thing is I'm eating more these days also. Love it!
  • juniet31
    juniet31 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been doing SL for a little over a month. I am not trying to lose weight since I'm pretty slim but since having to up my calories and to try and maintain some leanness I do 2 short HIIT workouts per week on non-SL days. The most I'll do is 20 minutes and so far it hasn't impeded my lifts. I've maintained the same weight so far even though I am eating about 400 more calories than usual :-P