Whats your daily calorie in take

Hello, Im attempting to get a clue as to what the 300+ mfp people are taking in for calories. I have been assigned through mfp 2020 calories a day. Im not sure if thats going a little over and not a good idea. I am 316 at the moment. Thanks so much for your advice or even testimony on your calorie intake.

Nessa

Replies

• jemethyst
    jemethyst Posts: 107 Member
    Part of that depends on your activity level, height ,age, and sex. I'm currently at 336lbs and I am set at 1840 calories now according to MFP. Awhile back my doc threw out a number of 1800 so I've been adjusting between that number and MFP number, now that I've lost weight MFP is getting me closer to that 1800, so I know I need to drop it some once I notice a change in my progress.
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    I started at 364 pounds somewhere around 2000 calories. I am now down to 1550 calories. Eat it while you've got it! It goes away fast :-)
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    I have been eating around 1900 calories per day since I was at 320ish pounds, though I've now dropped to 285. I'm very very active though.
  • starchile
    starchile Posts: 248 Member
    I'm F/5'10/339lbs and exercise 3x/week and my calories are set at 1850. I would say just go ahead and follow the MFP recommendation and when you exercise don't eat all of your calories back. I believe it's at every 10lb loss that MFP will ask if you want to recalculate your calories at which time they will lower the amount.

I should also note that I'm always under my calorie goal for the most part. Not because I'm trying NOT to eat them though (except for my exercise calories) but because it just never adds up. I think my average is about 1500 per day.
  • nessat2010
    nessat2010 Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks everyone
  • sarahyourprincess
    sarahyourprincess Posts: 36 Member
    I get 1830 at 305ish but I'm not near as active as I should be
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    I'm female/33/5ft and started out at 409lbs with a calorie goal of 2080 (set to lose 2lbs a week and sedentary activity). MFP has deducted 50 cals for every 10lbs I've lost, so I'm not at 1930. However, I try to factor in an extra deficit of 200 cals a day to account for inaccuracies in food measurement and calorie burn.

49996067.png