What's your go to night time snack/sweet?

Options
sb4480
sb4480 Posts: 199 Member
I don't know why but lately I need something after dinner and when I say "something" in mean something sweetish. Chocolate doesn't do it for me and I'm not a fan of the 1 minute muffin. Jello is just "meh" unless its drowned in whipped cream.

So help me out. What do you go for?

This desperate post is brought to you by AF.

Replies

• katieme
    katieme Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I occsionally go for a coke zero when I crave sugar at that time......Not healthy but does the trick.
  • kangaroo33
    kangaroo33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I go for a few different things, depends on what kind of calories I have or want to use:
    Sparkling ICE beverages, especially the blackcherry.
    Emerald Cocoa Roasted Almonds (Emerald are the best tasting and only one I don't have to count carbs)
    1/2 apple (or small one) with peanut butter (reminds me of a candy apple)
    I have a recipe for mini cheesecakes that are yummo (made with splenda, though)
    I also have a 5 carb crustless pumpkin pie recipe.
    Ricotta cheese mixed with vanilla and a little splenda.
    Atkins, South Beach and Glucerna, all make mini, snack or treat bars that are awesome, too. Low carb, low cal.

Hope these help.
  • losborn52
    Options
    I don't crave the sweet, so my 9-10 p.m. snack is a bowl of air popped popcorn with nothing but a little salt.
  • soubriquette
    soubriquette Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I found once i cut all sugar from my foods i craved it far less. i removed all processed breads and pastas and diet sodas and real sodas.

my go to snack at night though, frozen wild blue berries with heavy cream ... not whipped.
  • kangaroo33
    kangaroo33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with this thought…once you cut it out all together, you really don't crave it too much.