Day 5!!!! Willpower = staying power

Options
mstjmack26
mstjmack26 Posts: 121 Member
Good morning Good eaters! This is day 5 and we have only 16 more fun days to go! By now this should be a sport to you all, one you don't mine playing because 1. You love it and 2. You are good at this or becoming good at this. You are VIP in my book! Today and this weekend have some fun with your clean eating. Find new recipes and try them out. I am going to make my own pizza with peppers, mushroom and feta cheese this weekend.

I also wanted to share some info with you about Nutrition and Flexibility: I am a yogi so staying or becoming more flexible is important to me. Yoga doesn't make you flexible, it is more of an art and spiritual exercise. What does make us flexible is stretching and nutrition.

Aging, arthritis or lack of regular exercise can contribute to a lack of flexibility. Joint and muscle health directly influence flexibility and, according to nutritionists at the University of Hawaii, can be affected by your vitamin intake.

Eating a healthy, well-balanced diet can provide the vitamins your muscles and joints need to stay healthy and flexible.

VITAMIN D:
Vitamin D works with calcium to protect joints and build bone strength, both of which can lead to improved flexibility. Vitamin D is often added to dairy products, such as milk and yogurt, and is also found in fish and fish oils. Your body can also make vitamin D when your skin is exposed to sunlight, though make sure to use sunscreen if you are going to be outdoors for.

VITAMIN B:

Several B-vitamins may offer increased flexibility. Vitamin B-3, or niacin, is found in tuna, mushrooms, seafood, asparagus, tofu and sunflower seeds. Some studies suggest that niacin can greatly reduce the risk of developing osteoarthritis, according to Nathan Wei, M.D., a board-certified rheumatologist. Vitamin B-5, or pantothenic acid, is provided by foods such as eggs, soybeans, wheat germ, whole grain cereals, lentils and peanuts. Vitamin B-6 is found in meat, fish, nuts, legumes and bananas.

VITAMIN C:

Vitamin C is "essential for making specific proteins that are part of joint cartilage" and can be "an especially important nutrient for joint health," according to the University of Hawaii. Foods high in vitamin C include fruits and vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, cantaloupe, cauliflower, citrus, dark leafy greens, mangoes, red peppers, spinach and strawberries.

VITAMIN E:

Like vitamin C, vitamin E contain antioxidants, which some research suggests can help with joint health, notes the University of Hawaii. Vitamin E can help alleviate leg cramps and pain associated with osteoarthritis by relieving inflammation. According to the Alive website, vitamin E also prevents internal scarring and helps repair connective tissues. Foods naturally rich in vitamin E include nuts such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, sunflower seeds and safflower seeds; whole grains such as wheat germ and whole wheat flour; dark green, leafy vegetables such as chard, mustard greens and turnip greens; and avocados.

Replies

• RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Willpower is a huge struggle with me. But not having it has got me where I am today. Got to change those habits or else it's just a Merry-Go-Round of bad results.
  • mstjmack26
    Options
    The eating part is always the hardest part when trying to lose weight or stay fit. You actually have to take it slow. If you get overwhelmed with your change in foods try moderation. Don't beat yourself up ever, it won't help. Forgive yourself and keep trying , but never give up on yourself Rosy!!
  • garzadrive
    garzadrive Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    today was tough. Really tired. tempted by the homemade pumpkin bread a family member baked, but resisted! :D

Instead I chose a clean comfort food: air popcorn with olive oil, brewers yeast, Mrs. Dash, and fresh ground black pepper.
  • mstjmack26
    Options
    today was tough. Really tired. tempted by the homemade pumpkin bread a family member baked, but resisted! :D

Instead I chose a clean comfort food: air popcorn with olive oil, brewers yeast, Mrs. Dash, and fresh ground black pepper.

Great job! Being fit taste better I bet!!
  • Pamelawagg
    Pamelawagg Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello all...today was a day of rest for exercising...struggled with a couple food choices but, I know I'm doing way better than last week. I will not give up!!! Hang in there everyone we can do this!
  • iceangel1992
    Options
    Co-worker brought I pumpkin spice cheese cake to work today, and thanks to the willpower I have developed here I was able to say no (even though it almost hurt to say no). Struggling with eating today, for some reason I am just not hungry, and I know not eating can be as bad for you as eating to much. : /
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Today, I woke up with what I thought was the flu but I checked with the 21 Day Detox book and apparently faux flu symptoms are not unusual on day 3 or 4. So, detoxing along. Tomorrow's my birthday, so it will be a biiiig test. I left out some good carb recipes for my hubby and kids to see....hint...hint. If they don't get the hint, I'll make something myself:happy:
  • mstjmack26
    Options
    Today was a rest day for me too Pamela. I'm so sore from power yoga!! Iceangel I struggled with eating today. I just wanted to sleep instead of eating today. I force my self to get up and eat something other than breakfast! Grilled curry and garlic pepper wings today, added a salad. I am picky about other ppl cooking, so it is for me to say no thanks to all the goodies I know my co-workers will bring during my 7 days on at work. Happy Birthday Siberianmomma!

Great Job!
  • jstmee
    jstmee Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm hanging in there, I'm planning and resisting. It feels good so far. Exercising every day, whoo hoo. Was extremely tired, worn out yesterday --- but that was because I exercised with no fuel in my body. Made sure I was fueled up today for exercise and I felt like a million bucks.