Running my first 5k tomorrow!

saldelmar
saldelmar Posts: 40 Member
Tomorrow I get to accomplish something that I have always wanted to do. I've trained for the past two months and now I get to lace up my shoes and run my first 5k race! It's a fundraiser, and I have to say I'm probably equally excited that I have raised over $1,300 for Safe Passage, which is an organization in Massachusetts that works with people who have experienced domestic violence. It's almost all small donations, from literally dozens of my friends and co-workers who are supporting this cause. I feel very proud to be running for such a good cause. AND, I get to run it with my friend in real life, who is also on MFP (JessieKanga). Awesome on all counts. I'll let you all know how it goes! (It's supposed to be chilly tomorrow morning, but they give all 5,000 of us hot chocolate at the end, so that's good!)

Replies

• jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    I'm ready! And you rock! Time for some sleep before our early start :). Woo hoo!
  • MamaDubbs65
    MamaDubbs65 Posts: 43 Member
    Good luck tomorrow!! That IS an awesome cause. Have a blast and enjoy your hot chocolate at the end :D
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    And she rocked it! What fun to run with you!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Good for both of you!!!
  • saldelmar
    saldelmar Posts: 40 Member
    Well, I did it! And JessieKanga was kind enough to stay at my (slow) pace. :) Everyone deserves a friend like her -- seriously.

I'm proud that I ran every step. It is one of those moments in life where you start to figure out your potential. I like running more than I thought I would and plan to see where this potential takes me. (Right after my ankles stop hurting, LOL! Is that normal??)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Ankles hurting is NOT normal.

Wanting to test your potential as a runner is. It's such a gift!
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Congratulations on finishing your 5K!

No, ankle pain isn't common. Have to look into that.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Congratulations!