Starting Over

Options
I started Dukan last March and reached my goal weight and loved it! After a busy travel season I have put a few pounds back on. I started Attack today, I am wondering if anyone knows how long I should do the Consolidation Phase this time? Do I do it for the total pounds lost since March? Or for the pounds lost this go?

Replies

• sisdunbar
    sisdunbar Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I started Dukan last March and reached my goal weight and loved it! After a busy travel season I have put a few pounds back on. I started Attack today, I am wondering if anyone knows how long I should do the Consolidation Phase this time? Do I do it for the total pounds lost since March? Or for the pounds lost this go?

Hi there! I too am starting over. I successfully followed it for two years and maintained my weight no problem...until I met my new man and overindulged in pizza and too much alcohol, I also dropped the pure protein day. As a result I put on about half a stone so not too bad. Anyway, I did 2 days of Attack, lost 4lb and have now been on Cruise for 5 days and lost a further 2lb. I only need to lose another 1lb and I'm at goal!! So, I think when I go on Consolidation, it will be for every pound lost this time round. To be honest, when I followed it before I found I stuck to the Consolidation Phase anyway rather than going on the Stabilisation Phase. I need the structure and routine because otherwise I go back to my old ways!
  • blondepsychobrat
    blondepsychobrat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I need to start over too. well, Started on pure protein today. Took a thermos can of white/green tea along as well.
    With christmas season coming round I haven't been very good in regards to no/low carbs.
    I lost 9 kg last year with Dukan and had an easy time maintaining, I haven't gained anything back but I want to still lose 7 kg and am thinking if I start beFORE christmas, I won't be one of the millions of diet-starters on January 1st.
    So I'm starting today!
    I can't really have dairy, but I brought some low-fat cottage cheese to mix with my tuna, otherwise it's just too dry and I gag. I am honestly running out of pure protein lunch ideas. PV days are easy, but PP...I struggle with those.
  • vaidajurgaityte
    vaidajurgaityte Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Linzkidder, as far as I understand, you have to use the primary calculation method, just as you did in the beginning
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Yah, the PPs are just boring, no way around it. I eat boiled eggs as snacks. and plain yogurt and plain meat.
  • linzkidder
    linzkidder Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am happy to know others are back on! I ended up with TOTM mid-week and we had an ice storm hit and keep us cooped up for 3 days so off the wagon I jumped. This week should be much easier. Even with the chilly temperatures I am keeping summer swim suits in mind as my goal.

PP days I usually do an egg casserole with ff cheese and TONS of ham for breakfast. I make an herbed ff cream cheese and have it with little ham rounds for snacks. Last week i dukanified a salsbury steak recipe for PP too, it was such a nice change!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I eat on consolidation or cruise most days. I haven't been good on the discipline of one PP day a week. But I stay within 2-3 pounds up or down from my goal this way.

The hardest thing to do in cold weather, for me, is to not fall back into "recreational eating"... a PP day always turns those urges around. I also find that if I feel hungry at night, it is generally because my protein macro is below 35% for the day.