Introduce yourself

Options
JacobK254
JacobK254 Posts: 21 Member
Hi, I'm Jacob, from Chambersburg. My goal is to lose 100 pounds. I've been slowing gaining more and more weight the past few years and enough is enough. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Replies

• cook6609
    cook6609 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm Beth. I'm from York County. I started this journey at 240 lbs. I am currently 181 lbs. I'm no where near finished with my journey. I still have about another 50 lbs to go.
  • odirish
    odirish Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Mary Ann and I'm from Middletown. My weight was 198 at Christmas time. I hooked up with a personal trainer in April but had never had a decent nutrition plan. Two months with her and I had only lost 4 lbs. She worked with me, she tweaked what I was doing wrong and I lost 3 lbs in 1 week.

Beth..you are from long Level. I have a friend who lives over there. We also ride motorcycles and LL is a favorite stop for us.

Mary Ann
  • cook6609
    cook6609 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Well, It says Long Level (not sure why), but it's actually Wrightsville.... Glad to see you have a trainer that is helping you along. I don't have a personal trainer, but I'm in a weight loss class. It helps me to stay accountable since we have weekly weigh-ins. If you gain, you pay :happy:
  • odirish
    odirish Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    What kind of weightloss class is it? Sounds like great incentive if you have to pay.

Mary Ann
  • marcmayhem
    Options
    hey everyone!

York, PA here!
  • marcmayhem
    Options
    does anyone know of a gym in south central PA that does crossfit classes in the evening?
  • JacobK254
    JacobK254 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
  • chef_traci
    Options
    Hi! We moved to York from Oklahoma City and without my fitness friends I am slowly getting out of the habit of working out. I like to jog, bike, hike and I need to lose the 20 pounds I have gained since we moved. It's been a little like being on vacation for 1.5 years, trying all the new foods and places to eat. I signed up for the York Road Runners Club winter race series, is anyone here running that? I'd like to lose at least 10 pounds before my half marathon in April. My cousin is coming out from St Louis to run the Rumspringa with me in Reading.
  • sweettreats1130
    Options
    My name is Amanda and I joined MyFitnessPal 2 years ago and it lasted a day due to the fact that I hate tracking calories. I was doing so good at the gym for about 5 months until I got a third shift job. It has all went down hill from there and it's been about a year. I have gained the weight back that I lost and then some. I am tired of sucking in this gut just to make myself feel better. I had a colostomy done and then reversed and I know that it must have been due to my eating habits. (They took part of my colon out due to a tear in it) I I thought that one good thing came out of the surgery, I lost weight but then I gained it all back. I will eat sweets before I will turn to the healthier options that we have at home.. I am tired of all the fad diets and am ready to make a change and get on track to a healthier lifestyle. I want to be able to be around for my children. I picked up the Book "The flex Diet' and like that it isn't a diet at all but a way to change your eating habits according to your lifestyle. One of the suggestions in the book is to create a support group and so I have found my way back to MyFitnessPal in hopes that I can find a strong support group that will help me get rid of these 30+ lbs that I need to loose.
  • sapicsr
    sapicsr Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello group my name is Steve and I live just east of Harrisburg. I have been using MFP off and on for two yrs and have managed to gain more weight. I have never joined any groups or even looked at the message boards on here; since I have lacked the self-discipline to lose any weight on my own I thought I would check some groups out and hopefully meet some people to help keep me on track and hopefully I can help you in return. I am usually pretty good about working out 3-5 times a week however it is all in vain if I take in more calories than I expend. Bottom line I need to make some lifestyle changes and stick to them. Look forward to meeting new people here and making strides to reach our goals..
  • mfpchris
    mfpchris Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Lebanon County, PA here