Anyone training for their first Half Marathon

Options
2»

Replies

• fabiomuralha
    fabiomuralha Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've ran 26k in my BDay (26 yr) last month , but in June 30 I'll run my official first half-marathon .. the ASICS Golden Four. The only thing that matters now it's that I've spent the last three weeks on the field , I just made 3 runs in this time. So, I don't have time to lose : P

I would love to have more runners in MFP friends =)
  • Spikethered
    Spikethered Posts: 108
    Options
    I have done a couple, so please feel free to add me!
  • gary11188
    gary11188 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I will be doing one next February, I have just started running outside this month.
  • 84wweber
    84wweber Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm training for the Portland Half in October. I got tendinitis a few months ago when I increased my mileage. I'm almost 100% healed, but a little nervous about re-injuring it... so I'm going to try to be cautious and smart.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Got a half in September but do the Amsterdam marathon (26.2miles) in October, my first full marathon. I must be mad. I get dodgy knees every now and then but you just have to push through the pain lol
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I have shifted into training for my first Half. This won't be a very fast one, as it will be my first one ever. I just looking to finish with in 2 1/2 hours.
  • welshlassie
    welshlassie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK and training for my 1st half in Oct.

A big deal for me as I struggled to walk, because my pelvis separated, while I was pregnant with my youngest child 2 and half years ago - I had further problems in Feb this year, but have been signed off as fit by my physio and really keen to do this.

I'm also motivated to do it as I'm raising money for a local charity that helped look after my Dad in his last few months before he died in April. Going to be a very emotional journey for me, but something I'm determined to do so looking for any support I can. (the weight loss will be a bonus).
  • mclovingirl86
    mclovingirl86 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sure am! I am now in my second week of training. It is really hard but I love it! Can't wait for the race next year in Brisbane.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Start training for my 2nd HM in 2 weeks!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'm starting next week. I was going to start this week, but my daughter has a concert tonight and we have other commitments this week, so I'm going to run Thursday, FRiday, Saturday this week and then start HM training on Monday.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for my first 10K on March 2 at UAH in Huntsville and my first 1/2 marathon for April 13 at Bridge Street in Huntsville.
    I have been doing training for the past 2 and a half months.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I haven't started yet! I thought I was going to have it started by now, but the holidays were tough. LOL I signed up today for the Another Mother Runner half marathon challenge. It is starting Monday, January 13, 2014, and it will be 17 weeks and end with a half marathon on Mother's Day weekend in May. I'm really looking forward to getting the training plan and getting started. :D
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    Jan 6th is starting date for my first half on May 10th...i just loaded the info into smartcoach and transferred it to running ahead. I signed up for a 25k on feb 15th..I will not be racing, just trying to complete it and log it as a long run. I am curious if it's ok to do some 5 and 10k races during training.
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Jan 6th is starting date for my first half on May 10th...i just loaded the info into smartcoach and transferred it to running ahead. I signed up for a 25k on feb 15th..I will not be racing, just trying to complete it and log it as a long run. I am curious if it's ok to do some 5 and 10k races during training.

Not only OK, a good idea!