constipation

Options
without less fiber i got constipation. do you have any advice or something i can buy to help?
i drink a looooooooooooot of water, i know this isn't the problem.

it's been a little bit more than 2 weeks i'm on keto.

thank you :)

Replies

• MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    You could try psyllium husks if you need more fiber (w/o having to eat more). I have to be careful eating cheese and I drink tonnnnnns of water too but it doesn't seem to matter if I eat cheese every single day.

Maybe you need a little more sodium, potassium or magnesium. (I have to watch it on the magnesium tho or I will go too much instead of not enough).
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    magnesium citrate.... the liquid tastes awful, try the pills.start with one pill and then add another if you still need it.
  • teaddicted
    Options
    i heard about the husk too. but can i find it in walmart? or only on internet?

thanks to you both
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I like Slo-mag for magnesium supplementation.
    I also use PreBiotin, a prebiotic, which helps the bacteria in your gut. I get both from Amazon.
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options

thanks to you both

Walmart has it - it's their Equate brand
  • teaddicted
    Options

thanks to you both

Walmart has it - it's their Equate brand

thank you so much! gonna go later today :D
  • rrsuthy
    rrsuthy Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I take a probiotic every day - it's like Activia, but in pill form.
  • teaddicted
    Options
    about the husk thing, it says on the cover to take it 5 times, 3 times a week.
    do i really have to take 5 of them in a row? :O it looks alot...
  • VanCityFit
    VanCityFit Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I always drink a cup of coffee in the morning and that does the trick for me!
  • Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Agree with this ^. Bulletproof coffee especially can help due to the coffee of course but also the MCT or coconut oil.

In addition, I personally need a little extra help. I have Smooth Move tea (you can pick it up at Whole Foods) a few evenings a week -- just be prepared the next morning. (I skip when I know I have a work meeting the next day at 10 a.m., for example).

I also like Dr. Foster's Essentials Vibrant Colon pills. (You can Google to find them.) I bought these about 6 months ago for a juice fast/cleanse that I was doing. It was a miserable experience, but these pills taken the night before really ensure things move along.
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Semifredo
    Semifredo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    A cup oy coffee or 2 glasses of cold water on empty stomach. Do you workout? It works better than any pills for me.
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    without less fiber i got constipation. do you have any advice or something i can buy to help?
    i drink a looooooooooooot of water, i know this isn't the problem.

it's been a little bit more than 2 weeks i'm on keto.

thank you :)

I would try to incorporate more almonds into your diet. They're yummy, high fat, high fibre, and the carbs are low. This should help. I have a few each day and I have not had the problem of being "stuck". Hope it helps you! Also, Broccoli is good too!
  • FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Drink more Water!

Also I eat Flax Porridge for breakfast if I need some extra fibre. It's really quite good so do try it. 6g carbs per serve. I also add some cream (30ml/1oz) to it for extra fat. You can also mix it up with flavours by adding cocoa, carob or even mashed berries.

http://theholisticingredient.com/2013/05/07/flaxseed-porridge-recipe/
  • darlingdani83
    Options
    I've been having a minor issue with that too. I've found that for me personally, as long as I don't have too much cheese in a day I'm alright. For some reason cheese really has a negative impact on my digestion, and I've heard other people say the same. Otherwise, the most reliable thing would probably be a fiber supplement. Hope you figure it out!
  • Ralthor125
    Ralthor125 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'll say that the magnesium really does help. I had issues until I put ZMA into my diet at night. No more problems...and it is cheap.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Bump.

I want to hear more replies on this.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    What I do everyday is have at least one serving of green leafy veg or broccoli or cauliflower that was fried in butter and/or coconut oil. Even if you eat 2 cups of this, the carb content is low (I stay below 25g) and sugar is super low too. Buy frozen spinach, or kale, collard greens, asparagus, etc. Keep them in your freezer, when ready, toss a cup or two in butter, fry for a minute or so, and it's ready to eat. It's REAL FOOD, no gimmicks, lots of nutrients for your body, and it will keep you out of constipation.
  • LisaOnAMission007
    Options
    I've actually experienced the reverse... I got a lot more now that I eat NO fiber! Go figure. My best advice, is really to make sure you are eating enough animal fats, or even add in a tbsp of flax oil a day. After a few days, you'll have no problems.

Also, senna tea (known as dieters tea) works wonders. Drink a cup of tea before bed, and the next day or two you'll be good to go. Don't try to have two cups, esp your first time. I also second magnesium at bedtime as well.
  • emmysusanne
    emmysusanne Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    To be honest I just upped my carbs from under 20 to under 40 a day.. Losing just fine and staying in ketosis, plus I can go on the toilet again! :)