Introductions

Options
Hi All,
My name is Josh Thomas; I am an Independent Beachbody coach residing in Denver, CO. In 2013 I lost 50lbs and got in the best shape I have been in since getting out of the U.S. Army 1999 using Beachbody products. T25 being the key workout program that I used. I am looking forward to “meeting” all of you and helping you to stay on track with your fitness goals.

Feel free to check out my FB page and give it a like if you are so inclined. I post health and fitness related items and clean eating recipes there on a daily basis. https://www.facebook.com/CoachJoshT

Look forward to continuing my fitness journey with you!
Josh

Replies

• cwils35
    cwils35 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i literally just bought this off of amazon (2 hours ago!), Looking forward to trying something new!

Thanks,
    Charlie (Louisiana)
  • joshthomas77
    Options
    Welcome Charlie! I think you'll find T25 to be a lot of fun and you can't beat the shorter workout formats in my opinion! I'll be posting some additional T25 related info later today and tomorrow but I am planning on getting the group going in earnest on January 1st. I certainly wouldn't let that keep you from getting started sooner if you wanted to though.

If you have any questions about the program please feel free to ask, I've been through all 3 phases and saw some really great results.
  • racheltwoshoes
    racheltwoshoes Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey Josh! I'm in Denver, too!

Charlie, I'm doing the alpha workouts 3x a week now to ramp up for January. I can tell you, the workout is amazing. I really like pushing myself in my workouts (like spin or kickboxing), but in T25 just as I think I can't do a move anymore and I want to quit, you move on to a lower intensity new move. It goes by super fast but you work up a mean sweat. They have a countdown on the screen to show you how much further you have to hold on for that move and for the whole workout.

This might not be applicable to you, but I am new to high-impact regular exercise, so I wear a wrap/brace sometimes when doing T25. You'll be alternating side to side and jumping quite a bit. I'm also doing the workouts on carpet, which isn't the best surface for turning and spinning. I wear relatively flat bottomed sneakers with lots of cushion to alleviate this, but if you don't do a lot of high-impact exercise, you might benefit from some extra support until your joints are strong enough.

Can't wait to get started!
  • joshthomas77
    Options
    Hi Rachel! Welcome to the group, we are happy to have you!

Whereabouts in Denver are you? I am over in Jefferson Park/Highlands.

It's awesome that you have some experience with the program already, I absolutely love the format and you can't go wrong with only 25 minutes a day. I like that Beachbody is starting to embrace the shorter workouts, I know I always struggle to get through the 60 minute+ workouts that they have out there.
  • emmamaybear
    emmamaybear Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Emma, 20 years old and living in the Netherlands. I can't really start T25 just yet because of a hip injury, but I'll definitely start before the new year (hopefully sooner). I've never done anything from beachbody. The only programme I once followed was from blogilates, and that was just for 2 days or something because I couldn't keep up.
    I'd like to combine T25 with some weight lifting (any tips/recommendations on this?). I'm sure Shaun T. will get me sweaty!
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi friends, my name is Rachael and I'm 26. Currently living in Seattle for grad school but I'm a native Rhode Islander.

I should be getting T25 under the Christmas tree this year… my mom ordered it for both of us. ;) Excited for something new: I've been doing Jillian Michael's work outs for now, and will finish the 30 Day Shred on 12/16. Giving myself a few days off to go home and see my family for the holiday and then I'll be back into this new routine. Can't wait.
  • joshthomas77
    Options
    Hi Rachael! Welcome to the group!
  • cwils35
    Options
    Thanks racheltwoshoe I'm hoping to start tomorrow so I'll tell you how it goes!
  • cwils35
    Options
    Wife and I just did Cardio! Pretty awesome. Heart rate avg was 143 over 28 minutes.
  • elaine_des
    elaine_des Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Elaine and I'm from Nova-Scotia, Canada. I started the focus T25 in November but had to stop due to hip problem. Now that my hip is better I want to start again but want to reinforce that leg before I move to a more intense workout. I really love this workout, it's really intense but it's only 25 min! I'm looking forward to start the T25 again in the new year.
  • momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I am Kristine and looking forward to changing up my existing routine.. I will be back on January 1st :)
  • yayamay
    yayamay Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! I'm so excited to see this! I just did my first T25 exercise today!!! It was good. I have 100+ lbs to lose so definitely followed the modified version, but I am looking forward to when I can follow right along with Shaun T. I'm Sarah, btw, from Ontario Canada. Can't wait to start this in January. My goal is to not gain a pound over the holidays. I'm not looking to lose, but just stay where I am.
  • rjdunn87
    Options
    Got my DVDs today! So excited to start.
  • cwils35
    Options
    Those of you who have done this before (or coach), Double Fridays and skip Saturday, or 1 Friday then 1 Saturday?
    My wife and I are discussing that the routine of every morning 25 minutes is nice, but a day off sounds nice too...

Thanks and looking forward to doing this with you all!
    Charlie
  • rjdunn87
    Options
    Those of you who have done this before (or coach), Double Fridays and skip Saturday, or 1 Friday then 1 Saturday?
    My wife and I are discussing that the routine of every morning 25 minutes is nice, but a day off sounds nice too...

Charlie

I have not done this before, but just to add my two cents, I'm planning on really trying to do double Fridays most of the time. I'm doing the 30 Day Shred with no rest days right now, and I really want to have a rest day during the next program I do!
  • elaine_des
    elaine_des Posts: 189 Member
    Options

Charlie

Depends on what workout it is. I know i can do cardio and abd the same day of lower focus and abd but I can't do full body and lower focus. I usually take Friday off and do double on Saturday, more time and more energy.
  • toxbrthr07
    toxbrthr07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

Name is Eddie.

I have done T25 on and off. I love it but I do have motivation issues. With being on the go all the time for work and my 1 year old, it makes it difficult. But now with the holiday season and slow season around, I am thinking I will have more time!

I am starting tonight and started the nutrition plan today which I haven't done before. Didn't find it necessary but now I do!

Excited to see everyone's transformations!
  • toxbrthr07
    toxbrthr07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey All,

After a week of following the nutrition guide and the exercises, I have lost 10 pounds! That is a great start since when I have done this before, I hadn't lost any weight!

Gonna keep letting you all know how it goes weekly!
  • Robin_Brown72
    Robin_Brown72 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Getting T25 for Christmas! Hubby and I are both starting it,
  • joshthomas77
    Options
    Hey All,

After a week of following the nutrition guide and the exercises, I have lost 10 pounds! That is a great start since when I have done this before, I hadn't lost any weight!

Gonna keep letting you all know how it goes weekly!

Eddie! That is an amazing start good job! Particularly this time of the year!