sugar, sugar, sugar..mmm

Options
I've always had issues with loving sweets but GOODNESS...with the pregnancy, it is severe! Maybe it is in my head. idk. Anyone else have major sugar cravings?

Replies

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Yup. Chocolate is my new friend.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    yes its ridiculous I could literally live off soda and chocolate
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Yes! Chocolate! I was the same way with my first pregnancy.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Yes! All my pregnancies have been like this! Only this time I have learned to limit the treats! I just make sure I eat really healthy meals, and just allow myself a small treat. I'm trying to go a couple of days a week with no treat at all.
  • Sixel
    Sixel Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Only a little more than before: mainly chocolate, of course.

But I also want to make apple pie, cakes, crumbles,... and eat them all!
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    It's horrible. I did so well yesterday and was proud of myself until I had one of those healthy choice fudge bars. Usually I would've been satisfied, but it started something w/ my taste buds and before you knew it, I had several cookies and a couple of small bags of gummies w/ milk.... ugh, so ashamed!
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Beginning of the pregnancy I could not stomach the thought of pop or anything sweet. I am now 19 weeks and that switched last week. I crave Hank's Birch Beer (which is kinda of like a root beer) and chocolate and peanubutter. I give in on the Birch Beer and allow myself on the days I work which is 4 days a week. To bypass the chocolate and peanubutter I have been making wheat tortilla spread with PB and sprinkle a serving of mini chocolate chips on it. Top with banana and roll it up burrito style. I figure I am getting a fruit in it and still hit my craving.

Except today, across the aisle I spotted gummi orange slices. I just ate 3 for dessert and asked my co-worker to hide the rest from me. He's only to give me a serving size which is 3 once a day. I knew if they stayed at my desk I would have all 5 servings gone within the hour. Holy canoly were they delicious!!!