Welcome to Insanity

Options
This will begin in January 2014, ideas for starting dates welcome, the more people that can start at the same time the better, please post your ideas....

I will update this over the next 2 weeks, any ideas welcome how to track stats, what to track etc.. please feel free to leave any feed back too

Replies

• lbryant79
    Options
    INSANITY --- Looking for ideas, what to track, measurements, weights, pulse rate, personal feelings, etc.. ideas please....

I'm thinking weight before, waist, thigh, calf, arm, chest, maybe stomach measurements on a weekly basis, pulse rate after workout then personal feelings, this to be done after each session?

Too much, not enough, let me hear your thoughts please:
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I track these measurements below each month :

1 - Neck
    2 - Upper Arm
    3 - Outer Bust ( obviously for women only lol )
    4 - Inner Bust
    5 - Waist
    6 - Hips
    7 - Upper Thigh
    8 - Thigh
    9 - Knee
    10 - Calf
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I posted on your wall so I'm just copying:

A hrm with a chest strap would be ideal to measure both cals burnt as well as monitor your heart rate. Take pics every 30 days ...some take at each fit test too. The pics is where you really see a difference.

Don't be too discouraged if you don't see the lbs melt off ... it didn't happen for me until month 2
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I say lets start January 1st..

I'll be getting a HRM with a chest strap hopefully soon... and taking pics at every fit test...

I'll be tracking my food also..
  • missvaleriekay24
    missvaleriekay24 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • lbryant79
    Options
    I track these measurements below each month :

1 - Neck
    2 - Upper Arm
    4 - Inner Bust
    5 - Waist
    6 - Hips
    7 - Upper Thigh
    8 - Thigh
    9 - Knee
    10 - Calf

I might have Moobs, you never know lol
    4 - Inner Bust - Chest For Men

Sounds good,
  • lbryant79
    Options

A hrm with a chest strap would be ideal to measure both cals burnt as well as monitor your heart rate. Take pics every 30 days ...some take at each fit test too. The pics is where you really see a difference.

Don't be too discouraged if you don't see the lbs melt off ... it didn't happen for me until month 2

Pictures will be great, good idea, chest strap maybe difficult for me, just purchased insanity for near £100 and bit short now, have to see what Santa brings me, lol
  • lbryant79
    Options
    I say lets start January 1st..

I'll be getting a HRM with a chest strap hopefully soon... and taking pics at every fit test...

I'll be tracking my food also..

Tracking food, yes of course, I thought January 1ST too, some said 6TH though so lets see how many will commit to 1ST January.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Oh, you can review the vids in the interim so you can gauge what's in store.

I think it's a good idea to practice your form as well ...a lot of ppl complain about knee, ankle and wrist pain. Ensure squats and lunges ... knee not extending past toes .. it's the simple things but not doing them properly can lead to injury. It's a lot of jumping too so wear comfortable shoes or use a mat. Some ppl are actually more comfy working out bare feet. lol.
  • lbryant79
    Options
    Oh, you can review the vids in the interim so you can gauge what's in store.

I think it's a good idea to practice your form as well ...a lot of ppl complain about knee, ankle and wrist pain. Ensure squats and lunges ... knee not extending past toes .. it's the simple things but not doing them properly can lead to injury. It's a lot of jumping too so wear comfortable shoes or use a mat. Some ppl are actually more comfy working out bare feet. lol.

Great advice, Shaun T actually promotes doing the exercises bare footed, someone mentioned it in a previous post,
    Shoes are an interesting topic - here's Shaun T's recommendation on them - none!!

http://shauntfitness.com/insanity-shoes/

I tend to agree with Shaun T on this. I've gone to doing all of my in-home workouts with no shoes and have eliminated all of the foot pain I previously experienced.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I've done the insanity workouts both with and without shoes - for me I found that it was easier with shoes b/c there is so much jumping and I tend to slip on my floor without shoes. But its just one of those things that is going to depend on the person.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options

I can second this. In terms of results, I saw a ton of endurance/strength increases (measured by the fit tests), moderate physical measurement/toning improvement (measured by pictures) and minimal weight loss for most of the program. But I looked and felt pretty freaking fantastic after it was done. :)
  • jenn7129
    jenn7129 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My DVD's are supposed to be arriving this Saturday.
  • squid1979
    squid1979 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sounds great. Count me in.
  • Siambi
    Options
    Count me in too! :) Jan 1st would be a great start date for the challenge. I'll be tracking weight, body fat percentage, exercise and body measurements (bust, biceps, hips and thigh, waist, neck) and taking monthly pictures.
  • Siambi
    Options
    On second thought, I'm going to keep this simple. I'll track water intake, diet, exercise session & duration, weekly clothes fit, and take a picture twice a month.
  • mell99
    Options
    I am in too... The 1st is a hard start date, there may be some recovering to do from the new year ;)
  • d3ck5
    d3ck5 Posts: 47
    Options
    hey all

just fluffed out the last couple of days of my first round of Insanity and pumped for the second round starting with you good folk in the next couple of days

just a couple of things.

i used this app on my iphone to track the workouts (ps: im NOT the developer nor am I affiliated with them)

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/log-for-insanity-workout/id677364994?mt=8

and if anyones interested, heres a spreadsheet that i used to log pretty much every workout i did.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29460011/InsanityWorkout.xlsx

the columns are based on the results i got from my polar HRM.

it's not a proper 100% insanity workout, as i got sick for a day or two during it and had to mix dates around. still, theres a good basis to make this spreadsheet epic!

some interesting facts about it. i burnt almost 40,000 calories doing insanity totaling over 47 hours with an average workout just under 50 mins.

anyway, lets get it started!!
  • Soritaia
    Soritaia Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Im totally in but starting on January 1st might be hard.
    I already purchased the overpriced club tickets for new years and plan to dance till 5am.
    i guess i could try doing it in the evening after sleeping all day............but my fittest results will be low
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Totally in for Jan 1st start.

I track bust, waist, belly button and hip measurements as well as body fat %.

Did the Fit Test today (31/12/13) - had to stop a couple of times for a dry retch break. :sick: