Optional mini-challenge: Week #2

Options
caradae
caradae Posts: 743 Member
Challenge from December 9th to December 15th:

Limit your computer/TV/texting time to 30 minutes a day. (Not 30 minutes each. 30 minutes total.) This doesn't include time spent for business or school. It *does* include time spent on MFP.

Bonus challenge:
In addition to this challenge, continue last week's challenge of choosing healthy substitutes for unhealthy or less healthy foods.

NEW CHALLENGE:
Here's another option for this week:

Every day this week, pick an exercise or physical game you've never done before or haven't done in a long time, and do it. Some ideas: Twister, that exercise where you lean your back against a wall and look like you're sitting, weight lifting.

Any other ideas?

Replies

• Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Oh geez, I am out. Wrong time of year for me to limit this! LOL! Also is the only way to communicate with my daughter in Texas and grand daughter in Colorado SO no can do I am OUT : (
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    Ditto to what Be said....Can't do it now!! I am taking on too many challenges to be on for just 30 minutes, but I'll be here to cheer you all on!! RAW, RAW, SIS BOOM BAW!!! :laugh:
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Sorry - can't do that challenge - a lot of my research (whether art related or diet related) is computer based.

My own personal challenge for this week is to drink more water.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I'll continue with last weeks challenge but doubtful I can do this weeks either. I might try but I have tons of Christmas shopping to do and a lot of it will be online. It's highly doubtful I can limit myself to 30 minutes daily. Maybe I'll be able to do it a couple of days though, we'll see. I like the idea though...............LOL
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I am out on this challenge too. I use the computer to communicate with family also. I also use the computer at work when it is slow so I don't fall asleep at work. So This challenge is way out for me.

Can I put in a request for a physical challenge next week?
  • jstmee
    jstmee Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I see the "optional" sooo glad, I cannot do this challenge.
  • caradae
    Options
    What I got done on the 9th, not Internetting, texting, or watching TV:

- Wrote 10 Christmas letters (but didn't get them sent, blah)
    - Spent two hours brainstorming for the novel I've been wanting to write forever
    - Worked a 7-hour shift (altough, this would have happened anyway)
  • caradae
    Options
    The mini-challenges are never *everyone's* cup of tea, but I didn't realize this one would be no one's. So, here's another option for this week:

Every day this week, pick an exercise or physical game you've never done before or haven't done in a long time, and do it. Some ideas: Twister, that exercise where you lean your back against a wall and look like you're sitting, weight lifting.

Any other ideas?
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I have heard many talking about the Wii Zumba. It would be new to me. If I could get my Wii working! LOL! But maybe some haven't used it lately!
    I will try this starting tomorrow! Gotta think about this. And not feeling up to exercising. I want to but keep feeling very lethargic, and feverish.
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    I have heard many talking about the Wii Zumba. It would be new to me. If I could get my Wii working! LOL! But maybe some haven't used it lately!
    I will try this starting tomorrow! Gotta think about this. And not feeling up to exercising. I want to but keep feeling very lethargic, and feverish.

Don't go too crazy Be.....Get well first!! :flowerforyou:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    There are a lot of specific exercise challenges:

Squat Challenge
    Ab Challenge
    Burpees Challenge
    Plank Challenge

These are usually month long, but you could always change them to a week long to see how well you can do. Just a thought.
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    The mini-challenges are never *everyone's* cup of tea, but I didn't realize this one would be no one's. So, here's another option for this week:

Any other ideas?

That just goes to show you how "LIFE" has changed so much. We are so dependent on technology sometimes it scares me!! :noway: