Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I am glad I found you.

Hi All! I am new to the group. I am so glad I found others working towards their goals in the same way!
I have tried many diets before and I have struggled in all of them. I have PCOS and insulin resistance which makes it difficult. I have been doing the lchf diet for about a month. I have lost 10lbs according to the scale but I mostly notice how... different.. I feel. I have noticed how clothes fit different here.. and there. I have noticed that it is easier for me to move this way or that. THAT has been the best feeling. I am a scale watcher, but with this way of living I am seeing results in so many different ways. I am currently using the Carb Nite program. Is anyone familiar with it?
Great to meet you all!
Lori Ane

Replies

• fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    I've discovered LCHF too and it has really changed things for the better for me, too. I have lost weight, skin cleared up, better sleep, better digestion, allergies gone, etc. best of all, is the cravings are gone, and sometimes even forget to eat because blood sugar is so stable now. I don't do the carb nite, because quite frankly I don't miss carbs. I'm so satisfied with bacon, ribeye, butter, full fat cheese, baby back ribs, etc.

Congrats on your initial 10 lbs and Good luck on your journey!
  • Welcome and pleased to meet you! I have hormonal issues as well (Not PCOS but some of the same markers) and I also have markers for insulin resistance, so I know what a relief it is to find something that finally works and doesn't make you miserable in the process! Hope you continue to have success on your journey with Keto/LCHF!
  • . I don't do the carb nite, because quite frankly I don't miss carbs. I'm so satisfied with bacon, ribeye, butter, full fat cheese, baby back ribs, etc.

I discovered LCHF through carb nite. I have to say that when I first started I was thrilled about the idea of eating whatever on that one night. I found that I was completely miserable and found it so hard to do. lol. Now I almost dread carb night. I don't miss the carbs at all either. I understand the concept of carb backloading and all... just not sure if I can handle it.

Its funny because people will feel bad for me because I can't share in what they are having and I have a hard time explaining that I TRULY have no desire for it.