KEEP THE WINTER RECIPES COMING!

shenitamo
shenitamo Posts: 147 Member
Sure wish we had a "permanent" recipe thread on here. Until then, keep sharing those great recipes!
I just made this one tonight--super easy whole crockpot chicken that literally fell off the bone and it was AWESOME. The leftovers are in the crockpot right now to make stock for soup for tomorrow. Yummy!

http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2011/02/25/recipe-the-best-whole-chicken-in-a-crock-pot/

Replies

• homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    I second the vote for a sticky (permanent) recipe thread!
  • Lizzard_77
    Lizzard_77 Posts: 232 Member
    We need a group creator to jump in here and make a recipe topic sticky, puhleeeeze!!!!

Anyway, I made a delicious stuffed pork tenderloin tonight and I thought I would share. First I made a mushroom duxelle, mushroom diced, celery diced, shallots or garlic diced. Saute in butter until liquids are released and the mushrooms shrink up a bit, sprinkle in herbs de provence or other herb to taste, salt and pepper. Butterfly your tenderloin and pound it out thin. Spread the duxelle on the tenderloin. dot with your favorite cheese, I used bucheron, a fancy goat cheese that has developed a rind and is smooth and buttery like a brie. Parmesan would work really well here. Roll the tenderloin up and secure with cooking twine. Brown on all sides then place in a 400 degree oven and roast for about 20 minutes. Slice and serve. This was fabulous! Sorry for the informal recipe, I kinda made it up as I went along and eyeballed everything so don't have exact measurements. Feel free to ask any questions if you have 'em :)
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    We need a group creator to jump in here and make a recipe topic sticky, puhleeeeze!!!!

Anyway, I made a delicious stuffed pork tenderloin tonight and I thought I would share. First I made a mushroom duxelle, mushroom diced, celery diced, shallots or garlic diced. Saute in butter until liquids are released and the mushrooms shrink up a bit, sprinkle in herbs de provence or other herb to taste, salt and pepper. Butterfly your tenderloin and pound it out thin. Spread the duxelle on the tenderloin. dot with your favorite cheese, I used bucheron, a fancy goat cheese that has developed a rind and is smooth and buttery like a brie. Parmesan would work really well here. Roll the tenderloin up and secure with cooking twine. Brown on all sides then place in a 400 degree oven and roast for about 20 minutes. Slice and serve. This was fabulous! Sorry for the informal recipe, I kinda made it up as I went along and eyeballed everything so don't have exact measurements. Feel free to ask any questions if you have 'em :)

I can either create a group or I can see about making a sticky. I am owner to a couple of groups and admin on a couple others.

I stopped coming to MFP for a long time as I let people run me away. I decided no more.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    I created a group for recipe sharing..................

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17967-paleo-primal-recipes
  • novarugger10
    novarugger10 Posts: 62 Member
    The recipes group looks awesome! Thanks for making it!!
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Thank you!