What should i expect??

Ive recently been diagnosed with hypothyroid and ive been diabetic since I was 18 im taking insulin for that and I am also asthmatic, and have high blood pressure. What im wondering is if there is any one out there that has similar problems and how are you dealing with this? Ive been put on medication for my thyroid problem I just started taking it today, will I lose weight easier? My doctors tell me if I lose weight I wont have diabetic problems or high blood pressure so I wonder if I might lose enough weight on this medicine to help me with this goal. Any tips or advice or just someone to talk to about this would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• I think that once your thyroid levels are within normal range, it will be easier. As a diabetic, you already count carbs. I think you will be successful. Be patient and don't give up.

I don't know what kind of asthma you have or how severe it is. You may have that the rest of your life. The good thing about losing weight is that it could become more manageable.

You may have to take medication for your thyroid the rest of your life. That's not a big deal though.

I think that as you lose weight, the diabetes, as long as it's diabetes II, will definitely become more manageable. This counts for the high blood pressure also. Consider reducing the amount of sodium in your food intake to 1800 or even 1200 or less each day. This helps me anyway.

Good Luck!
  • thank you for ur kind words and support