Need help setting up a plan.

Options
I've always followed the plans that the college programs had in place. Now I've lost 65-70 pounds and am starting over. I want to get a good plan to help me work areas and build back some of the strength I've lost. HELP

Replies

• AlbionOakley
    AlbionOakley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    would recommend either "starting strength" or "Stronglifts" . both linear progression programs with plenty of information available on the internet.
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Yep, I second that. Also look into All Pro and Ice Cream Fitness as options, but pbrk910 hit the two most popular ones. But whatever you do, stay on it, be consistent, don't hop around from plan to plan every few weeks or months. Most people tend to need about a year on these programs, so be prepared to spend a year to get to an Intermediate level program.
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I would do Starting Strength with Chin-Ups and Rows added. I really like Rippetoe's program more, but it is missing upper body pulling.
  • mrdjmo
    mrdjmo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    would recommend either "starting strength" or "Stronglifts" . both linear progression programs with plenty of information available on the internet.

+1 Starting Strength is where it's at
  • pmumble
    pmumble Posts: 19
    Options
    Chin-ups and pull-ups are actually part of SS, and can either be done after power cleans on "B" day, or with back extensions if power cleans and deadlifts are alternating on "A" day.

The Pendlay barbell rows are also mentioned in SS in the ancillary exercises, though they aren't part of the official novice programs.

Either way you can't go wrong with either SS or SL.
  • mshanepace
    mshanepace Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Those are the tried and true programs. I personal have almost always written my own. But, Michael Matthews has a pretty good program as well. He's got a few books to gander at so.. another pretty good program that you can look at.