Hives!

Anyone have a problem with itching and hives after being sleeved?
I am 2 weeks out and the last 4 days I have had major attacks of itching and hives.
Benedryl works but it knocks me for a loop!

Also was allowed my first real food yesterday :) chopped chicken salad never
tasted so good! Nutritionist did tell me to hold off on the pinto beans for a while :(

Replies

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Not me. Maybe you should call your doctor? You could be having an alergic reaction to something new they have you eating or taking?
  • Did you ever get a reply on break outs and hives? I had my surgery on Sept. 18 and have been having random break-outs and itching since 2 weeks out. I've asked my doctor and he says it has nothing to do with the surgery. I went to my general practioner and he gave me a prescription that helps when i have it but no one can figure out WHY I am having it. I am convinced that it has something to do with the surgery since I've never had it before.
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Mke sure you are hydrated.
  • The hives finally went away. I think mine was a combination of things, allergies from the adhesive strips, the milk in the protein shakes. There were also medications I had never had before. Your body goes through so many changes right from the start maybe people react with hives? Anyway after a week of them the settled down. Staying hydrated is necessary even when you do not
    feel like drinking sip, sip, sip. Good Luck :)
  • DonnaVSG
    DonnaVSG Posts: 10 Member
    Hi Spooky, I had horrible hives after surgery. I discovered I was breaking out after having certain products. All bariatric chewable vitamins and certain protein powders are the cause. My surgeon said he never had a patient who reacted like that after surgery. Before surgery I was fine with the products. As a result I've had to be very picky with my protein powder choices and thankfully found a great dermatologist who was able to find an off use prescription that would help my hives. Benedryl and the normal stuff didn't help at all.

Congrats on your surgery!