Starting induction tomorrow

Options
Hi, I'm Jules. I'm working with a physician on weight loss. She recommended this site to me, and I've been experimenting around with food styles, and I think Atkins induction will be a good fit for me for many reasons.

I started at 30 minutes a day of activity, and have increased that amount.

I'm just learning how to use the diary and navigate the site. I am stopping by the local library to request a loan of Dr. Atkins book. I think I'm going to be on induction for some time.

Due to my exercise amount, my Dr. has recommended that after leaving the gym, I drink a glass of chocolate milk.

I have tested my blood sugar after workout, and it is borderline low at 70, and I find myself very cold. The chocolate milk does create the spike I need.

Obviously this is not going to jive with Atkins induction, and there is a week before I check in with her again.

Any advice on this?

Replies

• GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I suggest if you have low blood sugar issues you consult with your doctor as to your diet. Since you have an appointment in a week just cut your calories for now.

Induction is a big adjustment mentally and physically as your body adjusts and may or may not be be too stressful for you. If it is you might be able to follow a later stage of Atkins.

BTW you can find the stages, food lists and principles at Atkins.com, it's free. Good luck to you.
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    My blood sugar is low too. But after two weeks your bodies hormones fix themselves and it helps to stay on it. I am on day 8. I am still getting fatigue and feeling cold but it passes in the first few weeks usually. Just keep doing atkins
  • onemom2012
    Options
    I'm going to NOT do induction - had quite the scare where I was unable to drive at all due to a crash feeling.

Induction is not going to work for me. OWL maybe.

I may be simply putting in too much gym time for induction.

I'll count calories/carbs and stay in the OWL phase for now. Induction isn't going to work for me
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Getting into ketosis is unpleasant... If you can get through the first three days, the rest is infinitely better. If you do OWL, you'll probably still get into ketosis, but it will take notably longer, and you'll still possibly feel "the crash". Be well, be safe, have a good night!
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Why are you doing 2 things at once? do atkins induction without the exercise. go back to exercise when you are ready for it
  • Crash7676
    Crash7676 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Why are you doing 2 things at once? do atkins induction without the exercise. go back to exercise when you are ready for it
    ^^This is good advice. You will better be able to understand how your body reacts to lower carbs before taxing it. Good luck!!
  • Serenityshores
    Serenityshores Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello there, I have begun Induction today and already in withdrawals. I know what to expect as I have been on the Atkins program before and lost weight, last time I began exercising right away and I suffered for it.Now I know I am in a different element with serious health issues limiting strenuous exercise.After induction I will do stretches and yoga and try to walk a short distance. Since my hysterectomy/cancer removal in 2010 I have been suffering with osteoporosis,osteoarthritis,DDD, Gout, fibromyalgia & the weight gain really has me disabled as well and I need to get moving. So yeah, dont do any exercise until after the induction phase.
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i am on day 7 induction now, feel so much better too, hope your doing well with it
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of induction. Yesterday's headache was bad, but was able to get through it. Today is not so bad. Had a veggie omlet for breakfast and now im just drinking water. I dont feel hungry at all.
  • dyladog
    dyladog Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 13 of induction. I didn't experience the headachy symptoms. Maybe because I had already reduced my carbs to about 50 for a couple of weeks before dipping down to 20?
  • SwedishMel
    SwedishMel Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I agree with doing the induction without exercise. Let your body get used to one before you add something else. :) That's what I'm doing. I'm on day 5 & so far have had amazing success. I plan on adding just a little bit of cardio next week, and moderate weights.

Good luck!!