new to group

Options
2»

Replies

• cashsnana
    Options
    Thank you....I will keep you in my prayers also..it is exciting !
  • melbogg
    melbogg Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats! The sleeve was the best thing I ever did, wish I did it 10 years ago!
  • MillieA53
    MillieA53 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Had surgery on 12/12. It went well, i had trouble with the dry mouth on the first day, it kept me from sleeping well, but spent 2 nights in the hospital. That first full ounce of liquid went down hard, but it got better after the 4th one. I am home ,and getting stronger everyday. Getting up and walking is really helping make me feel better. I have my follow up on Friday.
  • Wannabslim2014
    Wannabslim2014 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Had surgery on 12/12. It went well, i had trouble with the dry mouth on the first day, it kept me from sleeping well, but spent 2 nights in the hospital. That first full ounce of liquid went down hard, but it got better after the 4th one. I am home ,and getting stronger everyday. Getting up and walking is really helping make me feel better. I have my follow up on Friday.

Hi Millie
    Good to hear you are up and about and congrats on your surgery! :flowerforyou:
    I will be sleeved in February and just wanted to ask you a few questions of you don't mind? Was/is it as painful as you expected it to be or is it bearable? How are you finding your pureed food does your tummy hurt when it digests? Did you get dry mouth due to the tube in your throat and just wondered do they put the tube in when you are awake or knocked out?
    I wish you well and look forward to hearing about your journey :happy: I am going to add you if you don't mind?
    xx
  • MillieA53
    Options
    Wannabeslim.
    Thanks for all the questions, I will try to answer them all for you! It was not painful really at all. I had had my gall bladder out in 1992 with the scope and that was more painful form the gas. I had very little gas issues while in the hospital, but since being home( 5 days now) I have had some gas pains that are relieved by taking gas-x strips.
    I am not on pureed foods yet. I am proteins and liquids for another week. I did try some cream soup yesterday, and it was a little hard when it went down, but I will try some more today, just a little more watered down. I have found that is really is trial and error, and not everything works for everyone, it is what works for you. I have started to use Beneprotiein, a protein whey powder that has no flavor, and it works great added to Crystal light and water. I get my water and protien at the same time.
    I think the dry mouth was from the tube, which they did put in after I was asleep, so I have no recollection of it being put in, or coming out.

I hope this helps. I am so proud of you for going on the journey! Good Luck, and yes I would love if it you added me!
  • cashsnana
    Options
    Hi...I had my gastric sleeve done on Monday...I think I;m doing good...Pain isn't to bad..Just a small amount of nausea and bubbles.If i could cough this stuff out of my lungs I'd feel better. Have a great day.....heading for the couch...LOL
  • Wannabslim2014
    Wannabslim2014 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wannabeslim.
    Thanks for all the questions, I will try to answer them all for you! It was not painful really at all. I had had my gall bladder out in 1992 with the scope and that was more painful form the gas. I had very little gas issues while in the hospital, but since being home( 5 days now) I have had some gas pains that are relieved by taking gas-x strips.
    I am not on pureed foods yet. I am proteins and liquids for another week. I did try some cream soup yesterday, and it was a little hard when it went down, but I will try some more today, just a little more watered down. I have found that is really is trial and error, and not everything works for everyone, it is what works for you. I have started to use Beneprotiein, a protein whey powder that has no flavor, and it works great added to Crystal light and water. I get my water and protien at the same time.
    I think the dry mouth was from the tube, which they did put in after I was asleep, so I have no recollection of it being put in, or coming out.

I hope this helps. I am so proud of you for going on the journey! Good Luck, and yes I would love if it you added me!

Hi Millie
    Thank you for replying to my post :smile: really helpful hearing about your experiences. I guess the gas is the reason they sign you off work for 2 weeks LOL :laugh: Glad to hear that the surgery isn't too painful, I bet having had your gall bladder out you were a bit more prepared for it.
    I have my dieticians appointment 17th January so that's when I find out more about the liquids, proteins etc that I will be allowed to consume and timescales etc.
    I am so pleased that we are knocked out before the tube goes in, that was a bit of scary thing for me to think about so my mind is now at ease, thanks !
    So we are 8 days in from your op, I'm really excited to hear about your journey, make sure you let me know how you are getting on. Did they say when you should weigh for the first time? Or have you already done so?
    Friend request sent :flowerforyou:
    Take Care xx
  • MillieA53
    Options
    Congrats! I hope you are doing feeling better! I found every day gets us feeling a little better. I do have to say I was told to do 4-5 small walks a day, and that made so much difference on how I felt, it helped with the lung stuff that you are experiencing too.

Way to go. Congrats

Thanks
  • MillieA53
    Options
    Wannabeslim
    Everyday gets better and better. There are some days i still wish I could chew something, but that will all come in time. I have been I was on the clear liquid diet day 1-3,4-14 is the a liquid diet adding protein, so I am now making protein smoothies using whey protein power. No fruit, just things like p.b. yogurt, etc and flavored whey powder. I also am using beneprotein in my drinks, to get my protein in. It has no flavor. I know this schedule changes with the different doctors.
    I weigh myself about every 2-3 days, and keep a tracker for myself. When I went to my follow- up I had lost 9 lbs since my surgery date , 8 days before. I went on the Atkins diet before surgery and that worked for me on getting to the post surgery weight loss. So since beginning this journey I weighed myself today and the total loss is 37 lbs.

You will do great!