Not getting enough calories?

Options
I have been eating and exercising. but once I get over in my intakes on sugar, fat, etc. I usually stop. It says to eat/exercise enough to have it equal 1200. I will eat about 800ish calories and then exercise. How do I get more calories without the sugar and fat. I even go over in my protein! ? how does this make since!?

Replies

• rostraqueen
    Options
    I have a similar problem. I feel like I'm eating plenty, albeit a bit less than I'm used to (portion control was my thing) but MFP still says I should be eating more.
    I keep going over my sugar count, but I think that's because coming up to christmas I have had quite a few chocolates over the past week which is not normally a regular occurrence for me. They were a present from a customer at work (plus my advent calendar). I get most of my exercise either at work or walking the dog and running errands as I don't have much time or money for the gym or exercise classes, so I'm not exercising excessively either.
    I still have some weight to lose, though.
    Maybe some more carbs then? Like porridge, rice or pasta - they are higher in carbs which break down into sugars, but the amount of sugar it counts as is relatively low...
  • Metallux
    Metallux Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have been eating and exercising. but once I get over in my intakes on sugar, fat, etc. I usually stop. It says to eat/exercise enough to have it equal 1200. I will eat about 800ish calories and then exercise. How do I get more calories without the sugar and fat. I even go over in my protein! ? how does this make since!?

you are almost certainly eating processed foods, whether you realize it or not. Anything w/ a wrapper, even packaged as "healthy" is FULL of sugar, carbs, and fat, maybe protein too. (only 800 will TOTALLY ruin your metabolism and weight loss efforts btw). you really need to be eating the utmost healthy UNprocessed things you can....like nuts, eggs, salad (no prepackaged dressing). you can't just live on that few calories without a major *major* change in what you eat. no one approves of eating only 800, but it happened to me last summer for a month because of my work schedule was so insane. you almost have to realize that you are eating "fuel"--not tasty meals and snacks. that is honestly the only way to eat so little and not mess up all your intakes and look sick after a couple weeks.