Anyone do the Burn/Push/Lean workouts in a gym setting?

Options
Pipsg1rl
Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
I recently committed to the gym in the office building I work out of.

I have been writing down the excercises and doing them in the weight area. The cardio portions are easier at home since i can follow her movements.

I'm finding that even though I feel like I'm lifting the same amount of weight it's "heavier" at the gym and I'm sore for much longer.

Has anyone else had this experience??

Replies

• giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Interesting question...
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    my guess is that you're moving slower while in the gym than when following chalene in the video. i feel that i actually move faster and without as good form when i do the moves without the video, but you may be getting a better workout in your situation! keep up the good work!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    my guess is that you're moving slower while in the gym than when following chalene in the video. i feel that i actually move faster and without as good form when i do the moves without the video, but you may be getting a better workout in your situation! keep up the good work!

This could be true. I'll pay more attention today.

I do think my form is actually better without the video since I can see myself in a mirror ...unless the guys are hogging it!!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Update:
    Today I did Lean 1 in the gym.

Holy schnikes! I forgot how hard Lean was. My entire body is trembling.

Bring on the change!
  • sbroadus
    sbroadus Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Get it Girl! I'm in the middle of my second round of CLX in the middle of the Push month! I'm a bit nervous for the Lean month. That was a tough one! I couldn't even do it full boar since I found out I was preggers half way through the month!

Update:
    Today I did Lean 1 in the gym.

Holy schnikes! I forgot how hard Lean was. My entire body is trembling.

Bring on the change!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Did Lean 2 at home. Put it on mute and used my iPod. I prefer my music.

Was hard to know the cues though. Glad I did it at home so I could know what the exercises actually were.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Lean 3 in the gym was a mess. The space by the free weights is somewhat crowded with benches so I had to put a mat down in a hall area.

Lean 3 has floorwork items:
    Kneeling Overhead Press + Crunch
    PushUp Side Planks
    Travelling PushUps
    Army Crawl

and in addition there are:
    Chest Fly + Hip Lift (I did this on the bench)
    Chest Fly + Abduction (I couldn't remember this move, and it's one of the last. By this time my chest was spent!!)

I did most of the workout however in good time and realized my PushUps are getting stronger!!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Lean 1 in the gym again yesterday. I was on a time crunch, so I know I wasn't taking much rest time in between exercises. I also only did 8-10 reps per exercise.

Bonus: I'm getting much stronger at regular pushups, tricep pushups, and the dreaded Plank with Tricep extension!