Bigger runners

Options
I wanted to see what other runners think of bigger runners. I am 6 ft 2 and built more like a linebacker than anyone that would ever win NY at a svelt 130. The reason I ask this is that I absolutely love running. I have completed 6 half marathons, several marathons and a crapload of shorter races in training for the big ones. The funny thing is that some days I don't feel like a runner because I dont have the protypical runner physique. I am not flabby or fat but feel out of place in runners stores and around "real runners". So my question is what do runners actually think of runner with the atypical bigger frame and honesty is ok. It can be anything from it is great to it is cute that they are trying to get in shape.

Replies

• DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I get pissed when they pass me :P
  • watsdd
    watsdd Posts: 21
    Options
    That is funny because if i pass someone smaller it makes my day but usually get pissed when they pass me back at the end of a long race
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Other than elites, runners come in all shapes and sizes.

I'm not "built like a runner," but that certainly hasn't stopped me.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and 175lbs ish. Im always one of the shortest and fattest runners out there. I envy you for your longer stride. It takes me forever to get anywhere. So, in essence i wouldn't even notice you. I'd probably enjoy looking at your *kitten* though, because that would be about my eye-height and i would be behind you.
    ANd if i worried about what other people thought, i'd have stopped running years ago.