Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Starting tomorrow

velocityc6
velocityc6 Posts: 2,137 Member
I average going to Planet Fitness 4 to 5 times per week. I alternate walking one day and the 30 minute circuit the next. Today is circuit day so I will start C25K tomorrow. Funny how things work out Monday of this week I actually alternated jogging and walking for 30 minutes, I jogged a total of 11. Today quite by accident the C25K site popped up in a search for something else. A 5k wasn't even on my radar, now I'm stoked about it.

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Awesome! Let us know how you do tomorrow. C25K is a really good program and this group is full of support and advice.

Welcome aboard!
  • velocityc6
    Thanks, I just did a search and they have a 5k in my town Feb 8th. 2014, hopefully I can be ready for that one.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    That's kind of what happened to me. I was searching for apps for my new iphone and ran across C25k.
  • Link2Life
    Link2Life Posts: 102 Member
    Hey there! I just started day one yesterday - which is pretty much exactly what you did, too.

If you feel inclined, jump over to my thread. I'd enjoy sharing experiences w/you and I will also see if I can find a 5K when we're done. It's my 41st birthday on Feb 5th, so I think that running my first 5k would be an excellent b-day present!

Good luck and let us know how you do!
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
    I love this program. It took me three attempts and now have never looked back.

Have fun......
  • kvossandrews
    :smile:
  • kvossandrews
    Hey there! I just started day one yesterday - which is pretty much exactly what you did, too.

If you feel inclined, jump over to my thread. I'd enjoy sharing experiences w/you and I will also see if I can find a 5K when we're done. It's my 41st birthday on Feb 5th, so I think that running my first 5k would be an excellent b-day present!

Good luck and let us know how you do!

my hat off to you... I started this after I just turned 40 I so wish I started it earlier but Im doing it now and loving it..

Your first 5km will be amazing. When you get near the finish line there are no words to describe the feeling....

It becomes addicitve. This year I did 5 fun runs from 5km up to city to surf which was 14km with hills. The time didnt matter it was the finish that mattered. Next year I will be trying to beat my times.....
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    I got halfway through a C25K and injured my ankle. I've given it time to heal and just started from scratch yesterday. I plan to run a 5K in April, so I've got plenty of time to prepare.
  • likitisplit
    One of the thing that Bill Rodgers points out in Marathon Man is the importance for runners of having a team to train with. Sounds like it's coming together for you guys. Don't let each other down :)
  • velocityc6
    Headed to the gym to get started. I was already doing a weight loss program on the treadmill which consisted of 2 minute walk, 1 minute jog , 2 minute walk, 2 minute incline, etc. I usually do this from 30 to 50 minutes 3 times a week. Based on that would it disrupt anything if I skipped ahead to the week 2 workout?
  • likitisplit
    I wouldn't just because I don't see the point in finishing three runs earlier and having to find another training plan a week ahead of schedule, but it sounds like you've been more or less doing week one (depending on the C25k program) already.
  • velocityc6
    Did W2D1 , felt great.