About to get sleeved

Options
Hello all! I'm Karl. I found MFP tonight and wanted to introduce myself.

I have completed my 6 months of meetings and appointments at my HMO. My surgery is set for 12/30, returning to work on 2/3. At a current weight of 350, I'm hoping to get down to 200-210 and be able to maintain it. I started my pre surgery diet yesterday and am using Syntha-6 protein shakes.

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Hi Karl! Congrats on your upcoming surgery. I have found that everyone in this group seems super nice and very helpful. I know I am glad I found this group, it's been really helpful for me! If you have any questions at all, me, or anyone else here will be glad to help and support you!

Dale
  • cKarlLose
    Options
    Thank you, Dale!
  • godsnurse1
    Options
    Congrats on your surgery date! I'm 5 weeks out of surgery , and while it's not a walk in the park , I'd still say it's the BEST decision made . So excited for the future!, good luck!
  • capecodgirl50
    capecodgirl50 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    How are you doing? What cons are you finding?
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Great news! I'm 2.5 months out, 50+ lbs down since September and off almost all my pre-op meds. The first week was not a walk in the park, but I never took the narcotics. I have issues tolerating hydrocodone by mouth anyway and did't hurt THAT bad. I was only in the hospital overnight and back to work after a week and 1/2. Cons? taking supplements for the rest of your life is a pain, but one that's worth it to me. Also, at least right now, I have to stay super-vigilant with myself about the quality of food that I'm eating and getting in enough water and protein. As long as I stay focused, it's pretty easy, but get at all sloppy (choose the biscuit over protein for more than 1 day) and I feel icky and lethargic. All in all, prices totally worth my results!
  • SOCALGIRLY38
    SOCALGIRLY38 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Karl,

I am a little over 2 weeks out? 12 says? I was sleeved on 12-12. I was a band to sleeve conversion. Like others said, so far so good. It hasn't always been easy (still feel like I want to chew things and on liquid only). But compared to other times I was on a diet (just diet) it is easier than that because the desire to eat is gone... It is weird, removing that ghrelin producer really feels like it has made a difference with me... Keep coming back and sharing your joy & struggles :-)

God bless!