Anybody Hypothyroid?

Options
I was detected with hypothyroidism at 5th week of pregnancy at TSH level 13.5.Strange,had no symptoms of it prior to that.Was even able to lose 20 pounds this yr inspite of having hypthyroidism.Physician prescribed a hormone and emphasized to start at the earliest.I will complete 6 weeks of medication next Sat and will then retest again.Need to keep testing it every six weeks to keep it in control.

Guys,any body hypothyroid or someone in family dealt with it in pregnancy??Just worried!!

Replies

• amyjpage
    amyjpage Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am not at all familiar with hypothyroid during pregnancy at all ... but I am sending thoughts and prayers that this all is resolved quickly with as little stress as possible for you!!

*hugs*
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I was on thyroid medication for hypothyroid and my dr. Is following me closely while pregnant. The dose I was on for over a year had to be increased last week. Think my body is working harder to grow the baby demanding more energy and with hormone shifts that could be part of it. I'm no medical professional on this topic just my thoughts on it.
  • SonaliShukla
    SonaliShukla Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks clean eater and amy.yes I am on high dosage as well as doctors say its important to bring it at normal levels specially during pregnancy.WIll have it tested this week to see where I am pots medication.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I was just tested for it on my last visit and will find out the results of that test on Thursday this week. I really hope I am lucky and tests came back looking good, but doctor tesrted for it because he suspected it.
    I have been suffering with hypoglycemia with this pregnancy already.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I have no been tested for anything like this, but worried about being hypo before getting pregnant. However the docs said I was coming in within normal limits (which are outdated). The only bloodwork they've done has been witht the NT scan for genetic testing.

Should I ask them to monitor this?
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    All my tests came back normal. My doctor said other than my steadily decreasing weight, he isn't concerned about anything with this pregnancy. Just heard the heartbeat for the first time today. Very strong heartbeat, baby seems healthy thus far :)
  • SonaliShukla
    SonaliShukla Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Guys, just had my thyroid test redone last week post medication of 6 weeks and its now in normal range.Finally releived!!:smile:
  • amyjpage
    amyjpage Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    so glad to hear Sonali! That is great news!!!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Yay! congratulations! :)