Question about cheese

Options
KnitSewSpin
KnitSewSpin Posts: 147 Member
For those of you who eat dairy (I do, it doesn't stall me) I was wondering if you limit yourself to 4 servings as Atkins does? Do you include cream cheese and sour cream in that total? I'm asking because yesterday I ate a ton of cheese as I was feeling sick and nothing else sounded good to my tummy. In general I try to keep it lower than 4 ounces per day, but it have not been including sour cream, cream cheese, etc in that total.

Just wanted to get an idea of what others do, those of you who eat dairy that is

Thanks!

Replies

• IAmABetterMe
    IAmABetterMe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I do not include cream cheese or sour cream... only the hard cheese
  • msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I do not include cream cheese or sour cream... only the hard cheese

This- I only count my ounces of cheese when it's hard cheese
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I eat all sorts of dairy products , but they all are full fat (no low fat variety)
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I eat both hard cheese and sour cream, albeit I find that the hard cheeses sometimes plug me up, so I have been trying to go easy on the hard cheese.
  • jennb44
    jennb44 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I count all and I don't have an issue.
  • KnitSewSpin
    KnitSewSpin Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I eat full fat dairy, too. I don't think I could do low carb without it. I was down another pound so it obviously doesn't hurt my progress, yay!
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I can eat way too much cheese if I'm not careful, even though 4 oz is pretty generous anyway.

So I bought some soft goat cheese, and lo and behold, I can't eat even 3 oz a day, it's just too strong. Problem solved.