hello! new here and would like advice and friends

Options
hi. i find it so hard to meet my calories during the day that i tend to eat things that im not suppose to that are high in calories (but also in carbs) to meet a minimum of 1200 cal.

my last A1C was 5.9 and the lowest its ever been was 4.9. i dont necessarily want a 4.9 but in February i am going fo another A1C test and i want to lower it (by advice from my doctor). iv started to watch my carb intake a little closer. 30-45g carbs per meal and 15-20g carbs for snacks, but i have noticed that there are quite a few time so far i ate more than 60 carbs because i didnt check the carbs per serving just the calories.

i also weigh 155.0 and am 5 foot 1 inches tall. i am hoping that getting down to 127 will help lower my numbers and A1C and possibly reverse my type two.

is there anything else i can do to lower my numbers? also do you think that the amount of weightloss i want to achive will help my A1C as well? i would like personal experiences and friends to help keep me in check through my weightloss journey.

Replies

• GlucernaBrand
    Options
    It's great that you're following your doctor's guidelines for carbohydrate intake, and you're right that reading food labels for both carbohydrate and calories is going to help you reach your goals. I'm curious why you find it difficult to eat enough during the day? It seems that spreading your meals and snacks throughout the day will help you eat less in the evening. You came to a wonderful place for ideas and support! ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • shirukitsune
    Options
    i find t hard because i have a very low appetite sometimes due to medication and sometimes lack of time. i have a 6 month old daughter. i do try to eat evert 3-4hrs
  • rheannaraye
    rheannaraye Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just added this group and am also looking to add new friends :) It sounds like you're on track with your goals and what you're looking to accomplish!