Today is a beginning

Options
Hi everyone, this is a day for a beginning for me. I have been a member of MyFitnessPal but never joined in and half-heartedly went through the motions of it. I need to lose weight but more than that I need to get back to running which I love but have failed to do in the past few months. Any support of this process and words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated and I promise I will do the same. Thanks have a great day.

Replies

• RobinCT821
    RobinCT821 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Now you've thrown it out there for all to see! Throw on those running shoes and feel the fresh air in your face. Tomorrow remember how good it felt!
  • ggl62
    ggl62 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    As Nelson Mandela said, "It always seems impossible until it's done."
  • C1131
    C1131 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It's so easy to get distracted by 'where I want to be' and how hard it is going to be to get there.

Throw those feelings and ideas away. You have only where you are now and who you are now. That's it. But today you can be the person you want to be (if not the weight you want to be).

So, what are you going to do today to make it a day you will feel proud of, to make it a day that builds a healthy lifestyle and helps you feel good and feel good about you?

Everything else is a side effect of what you do today.

Good luck!
  • ann121212
    ann121212 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Just work on today, thats the easiest - do what you know you can. Then tomorrow work on today again and again and again and again. One day you will realise you have hit your goal, but the habit will be so ingrained and you will 'keep on keeping on'
  • helpmeet2day
    helpmeet2day Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a 53 year old ex-runner. Appreciate running while you can! Best wishes for great progress. Feel free to friend me. I still run on a trampoline and do calisthenics, weights, and exercise bike. Maybe we can keep each other from getting sloppy with our eating!!:flowerforyou:
  • FrancineM62
    FrancineM62 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just be careful. Running while overweight is not a good idea, trust me. If you injure yourself it's game over.