Day 18 and counting....,

Options
mstjmack26
mstjmack26 Posts: 121 Member
Good Morning amazing eaters! I Know we are all extremely busy, I wanted to check in and check on my clean eaters!
I only hope that this challenge has been a loving journey for all of us. Overall I wanted you to enjoy the process and not feel like it was an unpleasant task.

I would like to know how you felt over the course of the challenge. I want to know where you succeeded more and where you felt you needed more support.

I hope to revamp this group this coming new year! I do plan to make it a lot more interesting than before. Please join me in the New Year as we become healthy fit the fun and non regrettable way!

Replies

• Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Are mstjmack and I the only ones hanging in here? Ok, I've splurged a little. A whopper and some crackers but overall have done the 18 days. I'm really feeling great and glad I did it. Honestly though, I'm a little afraid to get on the scales. My hubby says don't until after the holidays but...If I have lost anything that will encourage me to do better over Christmas. The biggest benefit I've seen is a more even temper over the last three weeks. Less blood sugar roller coaster emotions. How's everyone else doing??????
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Im still here....Ive been craving something sweet lately but I have resisted the temptation & had fruit or oatmeal squares instead.

I started this challenge because my family members asked me to join them on this journey. I was hesitant because I know restriction does not work for me, I believe that moderation is key. However, I wanted to support them so here I am. I'm glad I did this challenge because it has helped me with making healthier choices, which is my goal.

After this challenge, I will continue to make healthy choices but I will allow myself a treat sometimes. Yes, I still believe moderation is key :smile:
  • mstjmack26
    Options
    Im still here....Ive been craving something sweet lately but I have resisted the temptation & had fruit or oatmeal squares instead.

I started this challenge because my family members asked me to join them on this journey. I was hesitant because I know restriction does not work for me, I believe that moderation is key. However, I wanted to support them so here I am. I'm glad I did this challenge because it has helped me with making healthier choices, which is my goal.

After this challenge, I will continue to make healthy choices but I will allow myself a treat sometimes. Yes, I still believe moderation is key :smile:

You are so correct moderation is key. You are on the right track!
  • mstjmack26
    Options
    Are mstjmack and I the only ones hanging in here? Ok, I've splurged a little. A whopper and some crackers but overall have done the 18 days. I'm really feeling great and glad I did it. Honestly though, I'm a little afraid to get on the scales. My hubby says don't until after the holidays but...If I have lost anything that will encourage me to do better over Christmas. The biggest benefit I've seen is a more even temper over the last three weeks. Less blood sugar roller coaster emotions. How's everyone else doing??????

Any benefit, such keeping our emotion in check, is consider a goal reached. Splurging a little is ok, no regrets remember.
  • garzadrive
    garzadrive Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good Morning amazing eaters! I Know we are all extremely busy, I wanted to check in and check on my clean eaters!
    I only hope that this challenge has been a loving journey for all of us. Overall I wanted you to enjoy the process and not feel like it was an unpleasant task.

I would like to know how you felt over the course of the challenge. I want to know where you succeeded more and where you felt you needed more support.

I hope to revamp this group this coming new year! I do plan to make it a lot more interesting than before. Please join me in the New Year as we become healthy fit the fun and non regrettable way!

Another clean eating day! Yay!!!

I love the support to avoid sugar. Occassionally I splurge on wheat (a sandwich, or a friend's special homemade pumpkin bread). For me I am fine with splurging when it feels appropriate, rather than counting "cheat meals." I prefer not to use the word "cheat." I'm trying to learn to listen more to my body. Even though I haven't had the experience of being totally intune with my body, yet, I believe it is possible, and that my body has wisdom of what it wants to eat -- if I can learn to listen.

Thank you for this awesome group!

Like I reported yesterday (or whenever it was), before this group I was snacking on sugary comfort foods from the bakery.

Now I eat clean!!! Yay!!!!

Thanks! :)
  • mstjmack26
    Options

Another clean eating day! Yay!!!

I love the support to avoid sugar. Occassionally I splurge on wheat (a sandwich, or a friend's special homemade pumpkin bread). For me I am fine with splurging when it feels appropriate, rather than counting "cheat meals." I prefer not to use the word "cheat." I'm trying to learn to listen more to my body. Even though I haven't had the experience of being totally intune with my body, yet, I believe it is possible, and that my body has wisdom of what it wants to eat -- if I can learn to listen.

Thank you for this awesome group!

Like I reported yesterday (or whenever it was), before this group I was snacking on sugary comfort foods from the bakery.

Now I eat clean!!! Yay!!!!

Thanks! :)

Your welcome. I think we can modify the word "cheat" with the word "sated" no cheating on something that isn't a test of willpower but a desire to satisfy the body in moderation.
  • Pamelawagg
    Pamelawagg Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello all
    I'm still around I seems to be doing better with keeping up with my fitbit exercising. I plan on joining the next challenge when my Christmas Crazies are behind me. Some days are better than others and trying to be mindful of my eating. Have a great healthy motivated day
  • Pamelawagg
    Pamelawagg Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello all
    I'm still around I seems to be doing better with keeping up with my fitbit exercising. I plan on joining the next challenge when my Christmas Crazies are behind me. Some days are better than others and trying to be mindful of my eating. Have a great healthy motivated day
  • mstjmack26
    Options
    Hello all

Glad to know you are still here Pam and it should get better after the holidays for all of us!