My latest binge

Options
Im sitting downstairs alone as my family sleeps upstairs. Im in utter self disgust because I've stayed up just to binge on complete junk... once again. This time it consisted of 3 cookie dough balls, a snickerdoodle cookie, a few grasshopper cookies, a few lemon crème cookies, honey bunches of oats, pretzels with peanut butter, and pop tarts. ugh I hate this. im setting myself upfor a bad week, especially with the holidays coming up. sorry if this is annoying I just need to rant.

Replies

• knp972
    knp972 Posts: 20
    Options
    oh now add another cookie dough ball, lemon crème cookie, and peanut butter captain crunch
  • knp972
    Options
    ha its pathetic how fat im getting. 20 pounds since august
  • lovethee23
    lovethee23 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey... I know that feeling of being completely and utterly disappointed, regretful, and ashamed of yourself. The binge itself and the feelings that come along with it are hard to stop once started. You're not alone in this. It's only been a week since the last time I binged, but that's all it takes to feel like you've done a complete 180 sometimes. Apologize to yourself, and accept where you are at this moment. That's the most loving and productive thing you can do. You can and will change this habit. :heart:
  • lovethee23
    Options
    P.S. 15 pounds since August for me, if the solidarity makes ya feel any better... I just got back on MFP as of last week and plan to stay on it for a long time. The support and accountability here is invaluable
  • knp972
    Options
    Thank you. Your support does mean a lot. I think I'm going to start using the groups forums more to get more support and hopefully not fall into another binge for a very very long time.
  • lovethee23
    Options
    Can't go wrong :)
  • runningcat76
    Options
    we all understand and will help if we can. Take care and good luck! You CAN do this
  • new2canada
    new2canada Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    One bad day doesn't mean or do anything. I had a binge just 2 days ago and followed that up with healthy eating since, I feel really good.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I understand the feeling that comes with a binge is overwhelming. Do know that you CAN overcome this.

I have been binging on and off for about 2 years and recently they have become less frequent and smaller each time. From my experience I learned that it never helps to punish myself and talk negative to myself. The only attitude that helps is to love myself and be kind to myself and be more forgiving. But I also understand it's easier said than done. So work on being kind to yourself in general and take it easy :)
  • knp972
    Options
    Does anybody have any tips on self confidence?
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Keep a photo of yourself as a small kid or baby and look at it everytime you catch yourself being mean or shameful towards yourself. Would you really treat that small kid/baby (yourself) that way? Be more compassionate and gentle with yourself. The baby picture really helps. I've been dealing with low self confidence and depression lately, but am starting to love myself again.
  • knp972
    Options
    That's a good idea I'll give it a try. My confidence is definitely starting to plunge. I haven't binged in a few days, but every time I look in the mirror I'm just sad. I can't believe I've let myself go so much. I really hope boosting my self confidence will make me happier and put my bingeing to an end
  • chrisistewstew24
    Options
    My binges are at least as horrible as yours, I hope that calms you down a bit..

My binges (!) on thursday:

Binge 1:
    Around 6 -8 pick ups
    Half a glass bolognese sauce
    3 slices of bread with lots of butter
    3 weetabix with soy milk
    A bowl of cereal with soy milk
    2 ice cream sandwiches
    Small nougat balls (around 6 -7)
    Small gingerbread cookies (maybe 5 or so)

Binge 2:
    Nougat pralines - a whole package aka 125g.. 800 - 900 calories

Binge 3:
    A box of celebration. ..
  • knp972
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about that. I've been bingeing a lot that past few weeks cause I've been really stressed and all of the holiday baking sure doesn't help. Today I told myself that I can't let it happen anymore. I am going to take control of my body by eating healthy portions and getting back into my exercise routine. I sick of feeling disgusting, fat, alone, depressed, angry, etc. I don't have to let something like food ruin my life. It ends today!