Started keto on Sunday

Options
Hey all! I just started keto and am looking for keto friends. I've been paleo/primal for about a year or so and am hoping this will be the extra push to lose more fat. :)

Replies

• byoml2013
    Options
    I've been doing for about a week, after years of low fat, high carb nonsense. Started reading about Paleo/Primal over the summer and finally decided that keto would be the way to get some fat loss going initially. Once I reach a weight I'm happy with, I'll go Paleo because it just makes so much sense!

I've not weighed myself because I find scales so demoralising but just by the way my clothes fit, I can tell I've lost weight already. I also have noticed other positives, like my skin feeling and looking better than it ever has, thinking clearer and having more energy. Also, the food is epic! Coconut milk is the BUSINESS. :)

How are you getting on?
  • msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

This is my first week of keto-dedication as well :)

(I find myself shaking my head at all the high-carb, low-fat nonsense out there and how long I followed it. Blindly I might add)

Feel free to add me- the more the merrier!
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    byoml2013 - So glad to hear you want to go paleo in the end! I recommend it to everyone. After doing a whole 30, and then adding dairy back in, I find that I can handle high quality & grassfed cheeses (thank God, else keto would be harder lol). As for the coconut milk - yes! I add a half cup (of canned coco milk) to my coffee in the mornings, along with some grassfed butter and MCT oil. Bulletproof coffee is so awesome.

msnucerity - Uhg, I can't really tolerate listening to HCLF falsities. Drives me nuts! I'll add ya :) and congrats on starting keto as well!
  • byoml2013
    Options
    How's it going with you two? Have you seen any results yet?
  • Dingeman1
    Dingeman1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all would like to be added as well.
    I just started keto one week ago today.
    feeling great and doing great.
    I dieted myself UP to #247 .. following high carb low fat diet..
    I just do not deal with carbs well.
    while I was going thru menopause they triggered hot flashes , yet I was still advised to eat them.
    wish I knew then what I know now.
    I have also discovered that I can tolerate heavy cream and chesses.
    while I was on carbs I couldn't . Isn't that odd..
    for my work outs I run , do kick boxing and ride dressage.
    but I would be doing all of that regardless of which food plan I follow, those are just the things I like to do.
    I have not notice yet any feeling of less energy.. on the contrary I feel as if I have more energy.
    Do you all test for ketosis ? I am just going by the taste in my mouth and the weight falling off me to judge how I am doing.