Options
Good morning everyone, I am a newbie going on Medifast. after Christmas. Any tips or things I should get before I get my first order? Thanks!

Replies

• pandaluck
    Options
    I'm so excited for you! I'm returning to medifast after a success but then long vacation...er.. any way! I this Tuesday myself.

My only suggestion is to avoid the pizza bites in your order. They are DISGUSTING!!!

Other than that, good luck!!
  • mindig410
    mindig410 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! It seems like everyone has a preference for the food. So I guess I will just play with it! I am really excited and have a great coach so I cannot wait!
  • Chiyak
    Chiyak Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The only think I don't like is the mac and cheese so far. Some of the food takes a while to get used to and some I doctor up a bit. Examples are the mix berry products, I thought the sweet fake fruit flavor was gross the first time I tried it but now I like it. I don't like the broccoli soup on it's own but I found a recipe to make a quiche out of it and eggbeaters that is really good. I also add a 1/2 C water and bullion to the soups. You can order foods by the packet instead of the box. Click on the food you want then you should see a drop down menu and you can change it from a box to 1 item. Welcome!
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I think the first month is all about trying the products and decided what you like/hate. Also, remember that your taste buds change when your on the program. I hated the chili the first time I tried it and then loved it three weeks later. I also recommend drinking Powerade Zero in the beginning. Its an electrolyte drink and it will help you feel better when getting into fat burn. I tell my clients that people usually feel kinda crummy (head ache and lethargic) on day three but once your into fat burn most people feel really good.

Also, make sure you get your head in the right place. The food is only one part of the program. I highly recommend Dr A's new book. And the Habits Of Health book and work book. This is the part that helps people change from the inside out. It really gets your head in the game and helps you make permanent changes. That is what keeps your weight off for good.

Let me know if you have any more questions about getting started.
  • pelswick74
    pelswick74 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi I just started today! Looking for people to connect with on this Medifast journey! Super excited and positive. New Year New Me! Woohoo!!! :)